5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailcam offroad view

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I really hope this is the reason the Rebel didn't get surround view. Because they wanted to debut it on the Gladiator.

Screenshot_20181201-204353_Samsung Internet.jpg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I really hope this is the reason the Rebel didn't get surround view. Because they wanted to debut it on the Gladiator.

View attachment 9528
I wasn't aware the Rebel did not offer surround view. Doubt Trailcam is the reason, since you could do both.
My prior 2014 MB SUV had front dynamic tire path like this (as well as 360 deg surround view). Nothing new here.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure I have the dynamic tire path on my limited :sneaky:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome. Did not know this at all. Now, why in the heck did Rebel not get surround view then.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are correct. We do.

I beg to differ. The difference is subtle but tire path has wide lines approximating the width of your tire and where it will travel. The current Limiteds only have a thin line and it's up to the driver to assume if that is center of tire path, inside, or outside. The Jeep images of tire path, like in the OP, are wider than what we have today.

We do have the lines that change direction, fwd and reverse, but I take the Jeep system to be an enhancement over what we have.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I beg to differ. The difference is subtle but tire path has wide lines approximating the width of your tire and where it will travel. The current Limiteds only have a thin line and it's up to the driver to assume if that is center of tire path, inside, or outside. The Jeep images of tire path, like in the OP, are wider than what we have today.

We do have the lines that change direction, fwd and reverse, but I take the Jeep system to be an enhancement over what we have.
You're correct. Good enough for me though. The point I was making is that they could have done both this and 360 view, as they are not mutually exclusive. They just chose not to, which is a shame.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so then I didnt get bad info that the TrailCam was new and did debut in the Gladiator.

2019 Tradesman with Powerwagon Package just showed up...I sure hope it gets the option to have the TrailCam and I would imagine Powerwagon will have it standard.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd actually like to have this trail path system on the Limited. Even better would be if it would engage when in any mode other than 2WD. The current lines work just fine in parking lots.

I'd also like it if they could add the Jeep off road screens to the Rams with ORP. I'm sure all the sensors are already there and I'd love to see tilts and angles while getting the tires dirty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/