5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trail tools

Thundersnow

Reaction score
I’m sure this has been covered; I cannot find it. What tools is everyone carrying onboard wether EDC, or trail specific. I’m assuming standard sockets. What other issues have you all had while off roading? About to take a trip. Nothing crazy. However my first time on dirt I discovered my rig came from the factory with loose sway bar end link bolts. I didn’t have the right socket to tighten that on trail, which led to an early escape. Gearing up for a camping trip in a few weeks and baring catastrophe, I want to be well equipped. Thanks guy’s/ gal’s. 2021 1500 limited here. Off road pkg equipped. On 34’s. Rear locker.

R.Duff

Reaction score
I’ve got a set of deep metric sockets
-breaker bar
-torque wrench
-half decent floor pump.
- zip ties / electrical tape.
I keep a Wera 1/4 tool check plus set for dealing with battery stuff/ Allen key/ interior things.
Have a grease gun for my control arms and end links etc, have a arb tire repair kit just incase and a recovery strap - most of it fits in a front runner Wolfpack box in the bed

If I’m going camping off road in middle
Of no where I’ll bring some extra’s depending on the trip / area. I probably could carry less but bad habit being a millwright 😂

Last edited:

vandersnoot

Reaction score
I keep a Pelican case in the truck at all times with the following:

30 ft kinetic rope
30 ft tow strap x2
soft shackles
hard shackles
tire repair kit
MORRFlate
Viair 450p compressor
Staun deflators
Colby valves (saved me last trip out)
socket set
Channellock Pliers
Needle Nose Pliers
Crescent Wrench
Allen wrenches
electrical tape
gloves
zip ties
bungees
trash bags
WD-40
duct tape
tarp
probably a couple more small things I'm missing

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
EDC are similar to the lists above. I also keep a bottle jack and some 2x scraps in my truck.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Kinetic Rope
Regular Tow Rope
Chain
Soft Shackles
Hard Shackles
Small shovel
3/8" Metric Deep and Shallow socket set
3/8" swivel head ratchet
a few extensions
Metric wrench set
screw driver set
Various Pliers
Rags
Paper Towel
Lighters
Head lamps
FLashlight
And at the very least a Sig P365X with spare mags

Soon I'm adding:
Pro Eagle Jack
Recovery Boards
CO2 Tank

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t forget jumper cables or a good booster pack. I wouldn’t venture out onto the trails without one.

If your in an area with poor cell service a sat phone or vhf might come in handy aswell. In northern Ontario there are quite a few areas that even a vhf radio won’t reach a repeater tower.

GreatWhite

Reaction score
EDC - I have a full compliment of hand tools, screw drivers, wrenches, sockets, WD-40, rubber mallet, 6" length of 2x4, work gloves, flashlights, jumper cables, Noco jumper pack, misc ratchet straps, medic bag
RECOVERY - 30ft Bubba rope, 30ft tow strap, misc shackles, 12v husky tire inflator, (recovery boards coming later)
If I'm going on an extended trip, I add a 20v 1/2" impact w/ sockets and a breaker bar to the tool box.

The list is long, but it's nice to the be the one saying "I've got something for that.." if things go sideways

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on who am I with for the trip. If I'm with the "support truck" of our group (a 2500) then I don't really need to bring much other than food, drinks, and kitchen.

If the "support truck" is not available then i need to bring basically everything the guys above mentioned plus food, drinks, and kitchen. I also bring my G17 with multiple mags. first aide kit, trauma kit, and fire extinguisher, survival kit are all permanently left on the truck in easy to reach positions.

Users who are viewing this thread