5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traction control

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sometimes when I turn off my traction control and I know I'm going to be getting sideways the tires spin a bit and sometimes the traction control automatically comes back on and doesn't allow the tires to spin freely. What gives?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But it literally turns it back on ?? It says so on the cluster. My gmc had a feature called disable stabilitrack. Nothing on the ram like this?
So there is a redundant system with Ram, you have Traction control and Stability control. In the owners manual they have almost identical descriptions and Stability control cannot be disabled unless you are in 4low and hold down the traction control button for 10sec.

Super lame, but you can still do a burnout no problem... my 16' Rebel ate Toyo's for breakfast!

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So there is a redundant system with Ram, you have Traction control and Stability control. In the owners manual they have almost identical descriptions and Stability control cannot be disabled unless you are in 4low and hold down the traction control button for 10sec.

Super lame, but you can still do a burnout no problem... my 16' Rebel ate Toyo's for breakfast!
I was at a stop and gassed it and made fast turn at an abandoned golf course and it turned on. It made me sad lmao

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think stability control is more aggressive on the 19'. My 16' would melt the tires if I wanted to. Traction control off and the stability control light will still flash. As stated previously... super lame FCA.

19 streak

Reaction score
It is seriously frustrating that they have a traction control button yet turning it off hardly makes a difference at all. I hate that the most about the new trucks

revolutionz

Reaction score
There has to be a way to disable in modes other than 4 low...I drive through some deep snow on lakes ice fishing, and with traction control kicking in makes it real tough to dig through the deep stuff sometimes. Anyone found anything else out on this yet?

Same as Lxvsocal, I had a 14 Silverado and you could just hold down the traction control button for about 10sec and it would turn all the systems off.

revolutionz

Reaction score
I played around last night with mine again. When I tried before, I was in 2wd. Last night, I found that if it was in 4 low, 4 high, or auto 4, and you hold the traction control button down for about 5-10sec, it will come up and say stability control off on the dash.

19 streak

Reaction score
Good to know. I haven't tried in 4 wheel drive yet. I still don't understand why it can't be turned off completely with the switch.

Kadarnall

Reaction score
I played around last night with mine again. When I tried before, I was in 2wd. Last night, I found that if it was in 4 low, 4 high, or auto 4, and you hold the traction control button down for about 5-10sec, it will come up and say stability control off on the dash.
Does it turn back on if you shift out of 4x4?

Neokane

Reaction score
I have tried to turn off stability controls on my rebel. Pressing and holding the traction control button does nothing.

Pretty ridiculous you have to pull a fuse to turn it off.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you pull fuse f26 it completely disables traction control. You lose abs as well. I pull it when my son wants to go play in the snow.
Hey do u pull f26 from the fuse box in the engine bay or the fuse box in the cab? And what color/amp fuse is it? Cuz I just checked out my owners manual and f26 is an ESP module. Not sure what that is but doesn't seem like it's for traction control lol

19 streak

Reaction score
Hey do u pull f26 from the fuse box in the engine bay or the fuse box in the cab? And what color/amp fuse is it? Cuz I just checked out my owners manual and f26 is an ESP module. Not sure what that is but doesn't seem like it's for traction control lol
That's the exact fuse you need. From under the hood. I'm not exactly sure what Esp stands for but that's the one.

Neokane

Reaction score
I still think that this is BS and we should be able to do what we want with our vehicles. Borderline, misleading with the idea we can "turn it off". more like retard it, not disable.

Users who are viewing this thread