5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS not syncing

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered wheels and tires from CustomWheelOffset with the tpms sensors installed. They don't sync with my truck though so just says unavailable and to service the system.

Do I just need to keep driving now until they activate? Or, do I take it to someone to have them turned on?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It can take a few miles of driving to sync up but it shouldn't be excessive . If you've already put a few miles on I'd contact CustonWheelOffset and ask them .

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with a set of wheels/tires I bought for winter. I've driven a couple hundred miles and the RF Hub still isn't picking them up. I'm going to have Discount Tire scan the sensors and manually enter the TPMS codes into the RF Hub.

n8zcc

Reaction score
Could it be as simple as the TPMS sensors being incompatible with the truck's model year?

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could it be as simple as the TPMS sensors being incompatible with the truck's model year?
I am in contact with CWO so we will see. They ask for your vehicle information, so I imagine they have the correct frequency sensors installed.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with a set of wheels/tires I bought for winter. I've driven a couple hundred miles and the RF Hub still isn't picking them up. I'm going to have Discount Tire scan the sensors and manually enter the TPMS codes into the RF Hub.
CWO said to do this as well. Everything I've read says it's automatic on our trucks, but I imagine it's because they aren't Mopar parts.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
CWO said to do this as well. Everything I've read says it's automatic on our trucks, but I imagine it's because they aren't Mopar parts.

That's what I've read too, but I've also read a few posts here about OEM TPMS not being detected automatically. The service manager at my dealer said that they would need to be scanned and entered manually. So far, he's right...unless the guy that sold me the wheels/tires was lying about them having TPMS. I'll find out tomorrow.

n8zcc

Reaction score
From everything I can find, learning a new sensor can be done in three ways, sensor cloning, ODBII programming, or TPMS sensor auto-relearn.

Eric O from South Main Auto on YouTube has a video on the cloning method. Regardless of which relearn option you choose, you will need a device capable of assisting the relearn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online