5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS not reading with bartec/autel

msnyder1112

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I got new wheels and tires a couple weeks ago and have been battling this TPMS problem ever since.

I bought OEM tpms sensors and the truck recognized 2 right away. After around 60 miles it registered the 3rd. One sensor still shows a dash.

I have noticed that the bartec and the autel tools won't even recognize these new sensors. I have an autel ts201 and it reads everyone elses sensors but for some reason it will not read these oe sensors for the Ram. I even have a set of new sensors, not mounted to the wheels and it wont read. It wont even read the stock wheels tpms.

Any idea?

2016RamEco

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my 2016 Ram Ecodiesel. Changed out the tires for winters with Autel TPMS sensors. Sensors are activated and show in the ECU but the tire pressure display shows dashes. From what I have been reading I need to drive for 20 minutes straight at highway speeds and if that doesn't work, unplug and re-plug in the TPMS module by the drivers side tire. I'll try both of these this weekend and if that doesn't work, I'm heading back to the tire shop.

Users who are viewing this thread