5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS issue resolved

leonandlisa

Reaction score
Bought a set of rims and tires from a rebel, found out later he took the TPMS sensors out, so I bought 4 from dealer and had discount install last Friday, I took them home and swapped them out and drove about 30 miles and they never picked up. Later that day I took the truck back out to pick up some supplies and with-in a few miles 3 out of the 4 picked up, passenger front tire still had an error. Drove it more sunday, still nothing. Monday I went to work and back put over 100 miles on, Tuesday another 100 miles, still nothing so I went to Discount to make sure sensor was working, and that dealer didn't sell me the wrong frequency on 1 of the 4, since I didn't verify all of them before handing over to discount.

They brought out their reader, verified it work, verified it was right one for truck and so I went on my way. Last night I figured I would rotate my front tires side to side, this morning when I started up it still had an error on passenger front, but within 5 miles it came online. I don't know if it would have eventually worked or not, but I think rotating the tires to a different location got it working. Just thought i would share, in case it helps someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread