5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reaction score
I have a 2022 RAM 1500 Limited that came with the 360° camera kit and four TPMS sensors for a dual axle trailer. Does anyone know if it’s possible to acquire a 5th trailer TMPS so the trailer’s spare tire can also be monitored? (I’m not readily able to tell if the truck’s trailer TPMS supports monitoring of the trailer spare—though I believe the vehicle’s own spare tire has a TPMS.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 12

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2022 RAM 1500 Limited that came with the 360° camera kit and four TPMS sensors for a dual axle trailer. Does anyone know if it’s possible to acquire a 5th trailer TMPS so the trailer’s spare tire can also be monitored? (I’m not readily able to tell if the truck’s trailer TPMS supports monitoring of the trailer spare—though I believe the vehicle’s own spare tire has a TPMS.)
Can the TPMS trailer system monitor 6 wheels? If It can then just hook up the 5th as one of the last two, though range may be an issue depending on how large the trailer is. I don’t know about RAM’s sensors but gy buddy’s GMC trailer tpms sensors are only good for 23 feet and I’m guessing the ram sensors are similar.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would like to monitor my truck spare and also my boat trailer spare. Unfortunately I don’t think there is a way to set that up as it goes by axles on the screen so might be hard to identify which is which.

I have the TPMS sensors in my boat trailer tires and monitor with my trailer tow package on the dash. I really love that option.

Reaction score
In further research on YouTube, it appears you can monitor up to 6 tires (possibly more) so I ordered extra TPMS sensors and should be able to configure a 5th spare wheel when the trailer arrives—provided the signal reaches the truck.

Last edited:

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In further research on YouTube, it appears you can monitor up to 6 tires (possibly more) so ordered extra TPMS sensors and should be able to configure a 5th spare wheel when the trailer arrives.
I might have to try it. I have two extra sensors just sitting around.

Users who are viewing this thread