5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing with ACC and an after market TBC?

CityHicks

Reaction score
Hi,

After looking at the manual it states:

Page 358:
Towing A Trailer
ACC while towing a trailer is recommended only with an Integrated Trailer Brake Controller. Aftermarket trailer brake controllers will not activate the trailer brakes when ACC is braking.

Has anyone verified this? I ended up installing my old Tekonsha P3 brake controller because I know how it works and I already had it instead of waiting for the Mopar integrated TBC that's on indefinite backorder. Has anyone had any issues with ACC while towing either with the integrated TBC or aftermarket?

1570056171302.png

CityHicks

Reaction score
I answered my own question while towing this weekend: It DOES in-fact turn on the trailer brake controller when in ACC mode, but I am using a Tekonsha P3 not the factory controller though I am using the factory plug that was located behind the dash. It applied braking voltage in normal driving and in TOW/HAUL mode.

big al

Reaction score
I answered my own question while towing this weekend: It DOES in-fact turn on the trailer brake controller when in ACC mode, but I am using a Tekonsha P3 not the factory controller though I am using the factory plug that was located behind the dash. It applied braking voltage in normal driving and in TOW/HAUL mode.
Where is it behind the dash?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online