5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

towing odometer

weekend tower

Reaction score
Just purchased 2019 ram with towing package. When I hookup my travel trailer it started recording the mileage that I had towed the trailer. ( A fantastic feature). Just purchased a brand new travel trailer, so I reset the odometer, but the new trailer mileage is not being recorded. This trailer has electric brakes so it's my understanding it should be working automatically. I called the dealer and Chrysler and they did not seem to even now the feature.

Any one have an idea?

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've towed with mine and it didn't record anything either. Not a huge deal

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone posted a while back that flat connector trailers don't record Odo mileage but 7pin trailers will kick on the tow-odo; the manual makes some mention of it also

11B4X4

Reaction score
My truck will see I have at trailer hooked up and even tell me the approximate length automatically, but the Tow Odo has never recorded mileage and this is with a 7 pin.

weekend tower

Reaction score
Someone posted a while back that flat connector trailers don't record Odo mileage but 7pin trailers will kick on the tow-odo; the manual makes some mention of it also
Thanks for getting back.. I saw this but I have a 7pin connection so this isn't the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread