5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow mirrors

streamer

Reaction score
I just bought a 2018 2500 Limited and am not sure about any towing mirrors or blindspot mirrors. Looking to tow my travel trailer for the first time next week. What do I need to do to use the towing mirror feature?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought a 2018 2500 Limited and am not sure about any towing mirrors or blindspot mirrors. Looking to tow my travel trailer for the first time next week. What do I need to do to use the towing mirror feature?
Not real sure what you are asking...but the tow mirrors will fold out and offer a larger field of view back the trailer.

Non tow mirrors will not fold out.

Not sure if the non tow mirrors on the 2500 have blind spot mirror as my 2013 does not.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

If you have the tow mirrors you will be able to flip them up, it will give you a better view along the sides of the trailer, that will put the blind spot mirror portion of the mirror on the bottom and the reular mirror on the top.

streamer

Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like I don't have the towing mirrors, as I don't see a way to flip them up. They only fold in (power mirrors). No blind spot mirror either. I towed with the truck for the first time yesterday, and there is not enough vision with them the way they are. I guess I'll have to get some clip-on kind?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like I don't have the towing mirrors, as I don't see a way to flip them up. They only fold in (power mirrors). No blind spot mirror either. I towed with the truck for the first time yesterday, and there is not enough vision with them the way they are. I guess I'll have to get some clip-on kind?

2018s mirrors differ from the 2019s. All 2019s I've seen have the blind spot mirror in the far upper corner, on the power folding mirrors.

streamer

Reaction score
That was the biggist hang up for me, allot of dealers orderd the tow mirrors, and seemingly unaware you lose the power fold option for $300, not much of an upgrade in my book. And I felt the tow mirrors were goofy how the blind spot mirror was oriented in the down position. As for the 3D suround camera option I dont know much about that. Needless to say I have the power fold mirrors and love them.

Yeah, I'm not giving up my power fold mirrors either!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2018-02-25 23.14.02.jpg

These are the useless non tow mirrors. No blind spot either...this what you have @streamer ?

streamer

Reaction score
2018s mirrors differ from the 2019s. All 2019s I've seen have the blind spot mirror in the far upper corner, on the power folding mirrors.

Sorry. I realized after posting that this was the 5th gen forum and that I should have posted in 4th Gen for a 2018 2500.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are the ones that I have...

Some sort of clip on mirror would probably be your best bet. As mentioned those are the regular mirrors, not the tow mirrors. Also moved this thread to the 4th gen section for you.

Users who are viewing this thread