5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow mirrors - are you kidding me? I'm so pissed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3duke

Reaction score
Well I just found out tonight that my tow mirrors are NOT heated - seriously, what the fart FCA?!? I've got every option except for the RAM boxes on my truck (74,000 Loonies worth), and while I have blind spot detection in the tow mirrors they're not freakin' heated!! This is seriously (undoubtedly, completely, utterly, absolutely, unconditionally) stupid! I owned a 2015 Outdoorsman with the tow mirrors and not even close to the options I have on this truck and they were heated!

I am so pissed right now, I can't believe how ridiculous the options work on these trucks.

Buyers beware of the options you chose - while I realize this isn't a big deal for some people - for us in the great white north that spend close to 80K on a truck, this is unacceptable!

Dismayed,

chrisfuss

Reaction score
There you go your best reason to upgrade to a 2020... of course they will generously take a deposit from you today and deliver it with delay... this is Fiat what do you expect?

Leadbedr

Reaction score
I kind of feel the same way, but I didnt look over the options that well. I just kind of assumed some things would be standard. Like wheel well liners, power passenger seat, power folding mirrors and some kind of storage under the back seat.
Its a little disappointing that my Journey was better equipped than my ram

RBRK

Reaction score
What trim do you have ? My Laramie tow mirrors are heated. I bought some black tow mirrors and they are the only ones with blind spot in black and they are not heated. I disassembled all 4 and swapped harnesses and glass so the new black ones are heated like my original. Are yours chrome?

Bigguy

Reaction score
I just looked at the options a little closer. As near as I can tell, the level 2 equipment group says "Pwr Heated Mirrors w/Fold-Away N/A w/Towing Mirrors". I will be extremely disappointed if they are not heated. My 2017 Laramie has tow mirrors and they are heated. What's the difference with the 2019 Rebel tow mirrors?

th3duke

Reaction score
That's weird. I'm pretty sure mine are heated. If you put on the rear window defroster they are supposed to put the heated mirrors on at the same time..
I'm 99% sure that they are not heated - we had a snow fall today and when we took the truck out for a drive (with the rear defroster button pushed, and self shut off), none of the snow melted - that's when I noticed they weren't heated. My Outdoorsman's tow mirrors' heating worked really well.

th3duke

Reaction score
What trim do you have ? My Laramie tow mirrors are heated. I bought some black tow mirrors and they are the only ones with blind spot in black and they are not heated. I disassembled all 4 and swapped harnesses and glass so the new black ones are heated like my original. Are yours chrome?
I have a fully decked out Rebel (the only options missing is the Ram Box and Mud Flaps). Looking at the build sheet here's what it identifies as mirrors:

Sun Visors w/Illum Vanity Mirrors

Rear View Auto Dim Mirror

Power Black Trailer Tow Mirrors

Ext. Mirrors w/Supplemental Signals

Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps

Trailer Tow Mirrors

th3duke

Reaction score
I just looked at the options a little closer. As near as I can tell, the level 2 equipment group says "Pwr Heated Mirrors w/Fold-Away N/A w/Towing Mirrors". I will be extremely disappointed if they are not heated. My 2017 Laramie has tow mirrors and they are heated. What's the difference with the 2019 Rebel tow mirrors?

I just check to see if I could find the little defrost emblem and there is none... That's why I'm so pissed! They have the little triangle that lights up orange to show your that someone is in your blindspot - but they are definitely not heated. Looking over the build sheet, it only indicates: Power Black Trailer Tow Mirrors, Ext. Mirrors w/Supplemental Signals , Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps, Trailer Tow Mirrors. You'll notice that it says Trailer mirrors twice (the first saying Power Black, and second one just says Trailer Tow Mirrors). Very confusing build sheet...

It maybe like another member identified in another post today, perhaps the "black package" gets rid of the heated mirrors? In any event, I'm screwed now unless I find a way to put some heating pads or something on them... It really sucks.

Bigguy

Reaction score
Yeah - and when reading the Equipment 2 group, it says the tow mirrors don't have the heat. This can actually be a show stopper for me as I use it 10 months of the year in the tropics with the humidity/dew every morning.

th3duke

Reaction score
Yeah - and when reading the Equipment 2 group, it says the tow mirrors don't have the heat. This can actually be a show stopper for me as I use it 10 months of the year in the tropics with the humidity/dew every morning.

That's crazy, I got the level 2 equipment group because of all the extras, and it doesn't say it would delete the heated mirrors on the website, nor does the blindspot addon show that either.

th3duke

Reaction score

I'm curious how did that work out? Didn't you lose the blindspot detection? Mine are black by the way...

RBRK

Reaction score
It worked out fine since my original chrome had heat and blind spot. When looking for black tow mirrors the only ones they make in black with blind spot don’t have heated glass. Which is what you have.

It doesn’t make sense to me that they don’t have black with heat, but they don’t.

th3duke

Reaction score
It worked out fine since my original chrome had heat and blind spot. When looking for black tow mirrors the only ones they make in black with blind spot don’t have heated glass. Which is what you have.

It doesn’t make sense to me that they don’t have black with heat, but they don’t.

Thanks for the confirmation. So if I were to get the chrome ones like you had, I should just be able to swap the harness and glass? If so, I may have to pony up the cash as not having them heated is a really big deal for me.

RBRK

Reaction score
Not sure because they plug into the door modules they also have the stupid sales code issue that might need to be flashed into your truck. You might need modules too, but I can’t say for sure. Unfortunately

19Jake

Reaction score
deal breaker if mirrors don't have heat/power fold

Last edited:

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some of the packaging on this truck really missed the mark. I really wanted a rebel but even though they list it ahead of the Laramie on the website, it doesn’t offer many of the features of the Laramie. No leather, heated mirrors etc. I was really surprised that my $57k Laramie doesn’t have heated rear seats (kids noticed right away). My 9 year old (much cheaper) 2010 year old Laramie had heated rear seats.

th3duke

Reaction score
Some of the packaging on this truck really missed the mark. I really wanted a rebel but even though they list it ahead of the Laramie on the website, it doesn’t offer many of the features of the Laramie. No leather, heated mirrors etc. I was really surprised that my $57k Laramie doesn’t have heated rear seats (kids noticed right away). My 9 year old (much cheaper) 2010 year old Laramie had heated rear seats.

Actually the starting price is identical to the Laramie on the Canadian website. The trim is quite different on the Rebel than the Laramie though - the Rebel is much sportier IMO. I love the no chrome look - and if you choose the black package on the Laramie you automatically get 22 inch polished wheels (which I really don't like). Also, I believe the Rebel already comes with a 1 inch stock lift compared to the Laramie (2 if you get the Air suspension) . Also the Rebel 12 has the leather seats (if you like those).

You're absolutely right though, you should be able to get the same options that the Laramie has (as it has alot more options in level 2 compared to the Rebel).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread