5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touchscreen unresponsive

Reaction score
I got my truck back 2 days ago after being inservice for 52 days. Today I got in the truck and the touchscreen was unresponsive. I can’t press anything. Any suggestions or does it have to go back to the dealer again.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
I got my truck back 2 days ago after being inservice for 52 days. Today I got in the truck and the touchscreen was unresponsive. I can’t press anything. Any suggestions or does it have to go back to the dealer again.
Had a similar problems after adding some electronic gadgets...sometimes disconnecting the battery for about 15 mins works...also if you have a backup/reverse camera...put your truck in reverse if the backup image appears on the screen sometimes that will wake up the screen, (this what I've done with a 2022 RAM 1500 Lone Star with a 12" Uconnect screen).

GoMango16

Reaction score
Mine has done it a couple of times. I just let it alone and when I go to get in it the next time, all is well. Service manager said they are aware of the issue and they are working on a fix. Mine did it as I was across from the dealer and I stopped and they diagnosed it right away. Went and had breakfast and when I came out it was back up.

Reaction score
Does turning off the truck and turning it back on do anything? Maybe do a soft reset by unhooking the battery for a few minutes and trying that?
It doesn’t. I tried doing the reset from the buttons and that didn’t work. I just went outside to check it again before I disconnect the battery and now the radio works. I don’t know what’s going on with this truck

Reaction score
Mine has done it a couple of times. I just let it alone and when I go to get in it the next time, all is well. Service manager said they are aware of the issue and they are working on a fix. Mine did it as I was across from the dealer and I stopped and they diagnosed it right away. Went and had breakfast and when I came out it was back up.
Checked it this morning and it’s working. Hopefully they have a fix for it soon.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Checked it this morning and it’s working. Hopefully they have a fix for it soon.
Not sure what the truck was in the shop for for 52 days but its possible the battery went dead while there. These 5th gen rams are very sensitive to battery voltage meaning if dead or low battery the electronics will act strange until they kind of reboot themselves after getting the proper voltage. That's why people say to disconnect the battery for a few minutes. That kind of resets the vehicles systems

Reaction score
Not sure what the truck was in the shop for for 52 days but its possible the battery went dead while there. These 5th gen rams are very sensitive to battery voltage meaning if dead or low battery the electronics will act strange until they kind of reboot themselves after getting the proper voltage. That's why people say to disconnect the battery for a few minutes. That kind of resets the vehicles systems
I just disconnected it for a few min because it stopped working again. Thank you

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check your resting battery voltage. I had a problem when we got a really cold week back in January. Battery was at 11.8 v when temperatures dropped below zero. Truck would not remote start either. Is fine when warmer out. (Just hit start without putting your foot on the breaks to get to accessory)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/