5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Totaled Ram HD need help….

Oflats2185

Reaction score
Hi, first off sorry I know I know 5th gen… I had a rebel lol. But I moved up to a ram 2500 HD Night edition and recently got nailed in stand still traffic. The “other guy” smashed into my truck in traffic at close to 65-70 mph. My bumper and back right off the truck was literally in on his hood he hit so hard. Is my baby totaled or am I over thinking this. I’m in MAss…. Please let me know your unbiased opinions, he hit so hard we(wife, 2 kids, mother in law and dog)were in the air. And we were supposed to take a discovery sport instead of my baby.

Attachments

• F62F2FAC-C491-4685-82B6-454D99E21C99.jpeg
    F62F2FAC-C491-4685-82B6-454D99E21C99.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 297
  • DB8B8602-B128-445B-8B19-C893E68ECEA2.jpeg
    DB8B8602-B128-445B-8B19-C893E68ECEA2.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 292
  • 73F36FEB-FD16-407D-9B02-FAF8366511CD.jpeg
    73F36FEB-FD16-407D-9B02-FAF8366511CD.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 295
  • D7AF453B-D941-464E-A989-D5A94CEB9D23.jpeg
    D7AF453B-D941-464E-A989-D5A94CEB9D23.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 294
  • D409DDE4-679D-460A-BC1E-3CA01604EF25.jpeg
    D409DDE4-679D-460A-BC1E-3CA01604EF25.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 290
  • 62406ABD-06A5-4D56-83DA-A27B315C7865.jpeg
    62406ABD-06A5-4D56-83DA-A27B315C7865.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 294
  • B58C4E02-6516-40FD-A987-70F73DB423B4.jpeg
    B58C4E02-6516-40FD-A987-70F73DB423B4.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 295

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, hope everyone is okay. That Lincoln is a write off for sure, but your truck is probably fine. Will need a shop to check the frame, but other than that the damage is minimal compared to the car that hit you.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
few months back another member posted about being rear ended as well but not as bad as you. well I think she was sandwich still not as bad as your pictures. ended up needing a frame replacement. I think the quote was like 25k and the insurance would not total the truck. I haven't seen the member post any updates. I will try to see if I can find the post

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow you got the better end of that deal. That car is destroyed.😲
Don’t see why they couldn’t fix yours.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dayum is right!!! That car looks like it hit a wall. Fate made you take the truck, brother. Be glad you listened. I hope you and your loved ones are okay...
I'd be surprised your frame didn't bend just a little, especially at the speed you say he hit you. But then, it was a 3/4 ton truck.
The difference in damage is astounding. 😲

tom318

Reaction score
Hope everyone is okay and good call on taking the truck! This is a big reason I bought a truck in the first place. My family was lucky when a ranger rover smashed into a car behind us and it went air born basically over us (Had a golf TDI with 2 kids, wife, full trunk and trailers with 2 small atvs). Had he hit us......i cant imagine. That moment forward my cheapa** habits were out the window and I ordered a truck and do (spend) anything necessary to ensure we are safe. People these days simply don't pay attention driving. When i look over into any car while on the highway, 90% of people are just on their phones and it ridiculous.
Based on the pictures I think the truck will be repaired. Key is everyone is okay hopefully. It sucks someone hit you but be happy you had that truck and it did a great job taking the hit for you guys. End of the day is a piece of metal that can be repaired/replaced.
I got hit a few months back when someone blew a stop sign and hit the front driver side of my truck when it was just under 1yr old. Only 6k in damages to my truck but it was drivable without a single fault light on apart from front sensors not working. Other car was completely totaled. Small SUV hit me at like 20 and it felt like I hit a big curb. It was upsetting but i was very thankful to have a truck.

Bob.

Reaction score
Wow you got the better end of that deal. That car is destroyed.😲
Don’t see why they couldn’t fix yours.
I'm sorry on your problems and happy no one got hurt. That truck destroyed that car! name it Duke after you get it back from the body shop with a new bumper. It might need a frame, but damn not even a broken tail light!
Duke saved your life!

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hope everyone is okay and good call on taking the truck! This is a big reason I bought a truck in the first place. My family was lucky when a ranger rover smashed into a car behind us and it went air born basically over us (Had a golf TDI with 2 kids, wife, full trunk and trailers with 2 small atvs). Had he hit us......i cant imagine. That moment forward my cheapa** habits were out the window and I ordered a truck and do (spend) anything necessary to ensure we are safe. People these days simply don't pay attention driving. When i look over into any car while on the highway, 90% of people are just on their phones and it ridiculous.
Based on the pictures I think the truck will be repaired. Key is everyone is okay hopefully. It sucks someone hit you but be happy you had that truck and it did a great job taking the hit for you guys. End of the day is a piece of metal that can be repaired/replaced.
I got hit a few months back when someone blew a stop sign and hit the front driver side of my truck when it was just under 1yr old. Only 6k in damages to my truck but it was drivable without a single fault light on apart from front sensors not working. Other car was completely totaled. Small SUV hit me at like 20 and it felt like I hit a big curb. It was upsetting but i was very thankful to have a truck.
I've seen a 3500 turned into confetti on the interstate. Don't rely on your truck to save you. Keep aware at all times and be careful.

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Hi, first off sorry I know I know 5th gen… I had a rebel lol. But I moved up to a ram 2500 HD Night edition and recently got nailed in stand still traffic. The “other guy” smashed into my truck in traffic at close to 65-70 mph. My bumper and back right off the truck was literally in on his hood he hit so hard. Is my baby totaled or am I over thinking this. I’m in MAss…. Please let me know your unbiased opinions, he hit so hard we(wife, 2 kids, mother in law and dog)were in the air. And we were supposed to take a discovery sport instead of my baby.
The exact same thing happened to me in March (I was also pushed into the car in front of me). The insurance company declined to total the truck because the repairs don't reach 75% of its value.

The dealership has had it since March 3 and they expect repairs to be finished on July 1. It needed a new frame.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Any update on the damages?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Cripes, watch out for those Massholes. Maybe the guy had a cataract and shouldn't have been driving the Lincoln

21RamGuy

Reaction score
dang seeing this makes me glad i have a ram, nonetheless i'm sure it bent the frame on the truck but still way better than i expected to see from how the car looks. i'd also say if its frame damage they usually total it .. i think

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d say the frame needs replaced? If insurance is willing to pay for it and you want that truck I’d say push to fix it! If it were me, I’d push to total it and start looking for a new truck, which sucks right now I know! Glad no serious injuries and good luck with your repairs and or new truck purchase👍🏻

stormcom

Reaction score
Built Ford Tough???? Built Ram tough!!!! Hope everyone in both vehicles is ok. Was the lincoln driver drunk?

Good reason to upgrade exhaust.

610SRTGang

Reaction score
I had a customer that had a 3500 Ram damaged in the front like this. The insurance company asked him if he tows with the vehicle. which he did.

Insurance company didn't want the liability that could potentially cause if they messed with the frame and when he went to tow would cause issues.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a customer that had a 3500 Ram damaged in the front like this. The insurance company asked him if he tows with the vehicle. which he did.

Insurance company didn't want the liability that could potentially cause if they messed with the frame and when he went to tow would cause issues.
Who would buy a 3500 and not tow anything? Soccer moms who need a dually for cred?

Users who are viewing this thread