5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too much black?

Shorty1315

Reaction score
I will preface with this is not my opinion, as I have a black night edition. :giggle:

My dad is looking to get back into a Ram and found a pretty killer deal on a black night edition. Unfortunately he thinks the black on black is too much. He is typically a chrome guy, but I am trying to talk him into just pulling the trigger. Again, I personally love the look, but for those that are not of the same opinion, what have you done to add a pop of color or shake it up a bit?

I am just looking for ideas (preferably with pics) that I can show him. I searched on the forum and didn't find much, but any dark color paint with night edition would be great.
Thanks!

Abesosa

Reaction score
What trim
Level is it?

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check out Custom Offsets website and look at the K2 Offroad wheels …. Black with the red edges …. Sharp

Abesosa

Reaction score
If he wanted to I have the chrome surround for the front grille if he wanted to add some chrome for his front end if he wanted to swap

20% Cermanic Tint

Shorty1315

Reaction score
Check out Custom Offsets website and look at the K2 Offroad wheels …. Black with the red edges …. Sharp

Thanks! I'll mention it, but it does have the 22" which he was keen on. Any idea on what he could get if he sold them?
If he wanted to I have the chrome surround for the front grille if he wanted to add some chrome for his front end if he wanted to swap

20% Cermanic Tint
Thanks! He hasn't pulled the trigger yet, but I'll definitely mention it to him!

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good time to go to 20’s …. Cheaper tires and better ride

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will preface with this is not my opinion, as I have a black night edition. :giggle:

My dad is looking to get back into a Ram and found a pretty killer deal on a black night edition. Unfortunately he thinks the black on black is too much. He is typically a chrome guy, but I am trying to talk him into just pulling the trigger. Again, I personally love the look, but for those that are not of the same opinion, what have you done to add a pop of color or shake it up a bit?

I am just looking for ideas (preferably with pics) that I can show him. I searched on the forum and didn't find much, but any dark color paint with night edition would be great.
Thanks!
Your dad should get a truck that he likes.

Shorty1315

Reaction score
Your dad should get a truck that he likes.
I don't disagree... it isn't that he doesn't like it, he is just stuck between a delmonico red (not night edition) and a black night edition. He usually leans towards the chrome, but he's just trying to figure out ways to break up the black if he thinks it starts to get too monotonous. I figure he could do emblem overlays, wheels, etc.

Nova90

Reaction score
My Dad didn't want all black either as it always looks dirty. He went with a Granite Crystal Rebel (Ram on far right) which is still dark but just not pitch black. IMG_9932.jpg

GAscooter

Reaction score
I’ve seen Limited and Longhorn take-off wheels on here relatively cheap. Also, I wouldn’t expect mirror caps and emblems to break the bank. Those would give a good splash of chrome without the high cost of a new grille or bumpers. If you like chrome, which I obviously do, color is no substitute. 03667AD9-6FD9-411D-AA9D-ED1A75320025.jpeg

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ALL OF THE BLACK.

But seriously, I'm obsessed with the fully blacked-out look too, so sleek. People insist it stays looking dirty but I think it depends on where you live. I don't catch a whole lot of dust on mine, and it rains here fairly often, and in between I just do a quick hand or touchless wash.

I agree with @GAscooter, some (inexpensive) chrome touch-ups would work well.

Abesosa

Reaction score
I’ve seen Limited and Longhorn take-off wheels on here relatively cheap. Also, I wouldn’t expect mirror caps and emblems to break the bank. Those would give a good splash of chrome without the high cost of a new grille or bumpers. If you like chrome, which I obviously do, color is no substitute. View attachment 107901

And just to piggy back off of this… I’m
Kinda the opposite way of your dad and enjoy the black and I also have chrome OEM mirror caps should he want to trade straight up.

20% Cermanic Tint

Abesosa

Reaction score
There are lots of people who would be willing to trade their chrome bits for black. It would just be an issue with the logistics of either shipping parts or meeting up somewhere to swap parts.

Lucky for me I have all the chrome packaged up in my garage . Already off the truck

20% Cermanic Tint

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Lucky for me I have all the chrome packaged up in my garage . Already off the truck

20% Cermanic Tint

There are lots of people who would be willing to trade their chrome bits for black. It would just be an issue with the logistics of either shipping parts or meeting up somewhere to swap parts.
if the drive wasnt to far a way to meet someone new from far away

JC4041

Reaction score
I feel it, everyone blacks out everything.....which is why I left my chrome on my 09...even though I hate chrome.

#a.jpg

(before I swapped the headlights)

2021.jpg

LouNY

Reaction score
Well in my opinion thats a good thing I have gotten to were I dislike intensely these all black trucks and black interiors.
I had to look all over for a truck with a light colored interior and it came with the Patriot Blue exterior.
My previous truck was the Granite and it was a good looking truck, with the gray interior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/