TONNEAU FACTORY OUTLET - ONLINE AND MAKING DEALS NOW!

S

Shaun.TFO

The RX4 is still being worked on (rail issues) - the RETRAXPROMX is definitely worth the extra cost! - Lifetime warranty on a perfectly built cover..

bigdaddymac

Reaction score
Shaun, Can you PM me pricing on some Amp steps and either a Lomax and/or MX4 for a 2019 Ram new body 5.7 bed without the RamBox?

Chris

NHREBEL2

Reaction score
^^^. Was just wondering the same thing. Trying to decide between the BAK trifold or RetraxPRO MX Tonneau Cover. Is the extra cost worth it?
You will need to modify the factory rails to allow the RamBoxes to open properly with the Retrax.

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on what modifications are required to the factory rails to allow the RamBoxes to open properly with the Retrax? Also, is this true for Retrax Pro?

NHREBEL2

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on what modifications are required to the factory rails to allow the RamBoxes to open properly with the Retrax? Also, is this true for Retrax Pro?
You've probably seen other threads showing half opened RamBox lids. This happens because the rubber "seal" that runs the length of the Retrax rail overlaps the lid by 1/2-3/4" and binds when you try to open the lid. Its a very shortsighted and negligent design and true for both models.

Others have had different solutions, including returning the product, but mine was to move the whole seal inboard 1/2" so it no longer overlaps. To do this I pulled off the factory rails and put 1/2" spacers behind them then remounted with longer bolts and 3/4" window/door gasket to make a seal against the bed wall. The Retrax rail slides into the channel on top of the factory rail so effectively the seal is moved inward a 1/2" and no longer binds when lids are open.

I've had this installed for over a month and seen plenty of snow/rain. The only moisture I get is through the horrible gap from the tailgate/bed corner interface. Hope this helps with your decision process. I really like how the cover works now but Retrax needs to come up with a better design for RamBoxes. Chalk it up to first model year woes.

Bigty

Reaction score
Shipping to Canada costly? Im looking for a hard roll up with the vinyl top, like a sentry i believe. As well....i am looking for some molded polymer running boards with the led lights, like the westin 6" black w/ Lights.And Black Putco Box Rails. I have 2019 New Body Style Quad Cab w/ 6-4 Box
If you can send your recommendations w/ pricing - shipping etc i'd appreciate it. Cheers

Zebber

Reaction score
Bought a Extang Revolution from Morrie last night. Super easy transaction and I got the best price I have found for this cover. I have had the Revolution on my last 3 trucks and you can't beat it and the Extang customer service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)