5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Covers

RebelGoose

Reaction score
Hey everyone - just recently purchased a 2019 Rebel up in the great white north.

The tonneau cover that came with it seems off to me? It seems like it’s too narrow and short. It’s a soft tri fold and I can lift it 2-3 inches at the back and peer into the box of my truck. Also if I were to just pull it pretty much slides right off.

Safe to say it’s the only disappointment, and I have contacted the dealer.

What do you guys run?
31600 7D8689A4-2D9C-4E3C-93E0-40660531C368.jpeg 58B1738B-C295-4EBB-AE66-FE0346CD55C8.jpeg 76B59209-20E9-4859-A4AC-E702D64D9238.jpeg

cipherbreak

Reaction score
I have the Mopar Hard Trifold, which is a mix between the Bakflip G2 and the MX4.
It has the appearance and capabilities of the G2 but has the dual action seal and allows opening and closing of the tailgate without having to open the tonneau.

Last edited:

Quiet

Reaction score
I have the Mopar Hard Trifold, which is a mix between the Bakflip G2 and the MX4.
It has the appearance and capabilities of the G2 but has the dual action seal and allows opening and closing of the tailgate without having to open the tonneau.

I've got this one, too. At first I thought the seals were letting in too much water during rain or washing, but it turns out you just have to use a bit more force than you'd think to get them to seat correctly when closing it.

timtlu

Reaction score
I've got this one, too. At first I thought the seals were letting in too much water during rain or washing, but it turns out you just have to use a bit more force than you'd think to get them to seat correctly when closing it.
+1 for happy owner of this model.

stebo

Reaction score
I have the BakFlip MX4. I love it. Had the BakFlip F1 on my old truck (2011) and the MX4 is a nice improvement over my old F1. It's way lighter, has a matte finish and you don't have to flip it up to close the tailgate.

shaveman

Reaction score
Hey everyone - just recently purchased a 2019 Rebel up in the great white north.

The tonneau cover that came with it seems off to me? It seems like it’s too narrow and short. It’s a soft tri fold and I can lift it 2-3 inches at the back and peer into the box of my truck. Also if I were to just pull it pretty much slides right off.

Safe to say it’s the only disappointment, and I have contacted the dealer.

What do you guys run?
Hi RebelGoose. I would definitely ditch that cover. Prices on these things vary quite a bit. I went with the Undercover ArmorFlex. Very heavy duty and 5-year warranty. But they tend to run ~$1,000.

kipeharris

Reaction score
Does anyone have the lomax cover?

I ordered my lomax yesterday from Luke at truckalterations.com for $675 out the door and it should be arriving via Fed-Ex Today. Are you still satisfied with your purchase?

Any installation tips or problems I should know about? It sounds like it is pretty simple..... Have you modded it in anyway?

Luke at Truck Alterations 828-926-4416 quoted me below (All prices are OTD with free shipping and no sales tax in TX):

Lomax $675
MX4 $820
BAK F1 $870

Thoughts?

Hardlivin'

Reaction score

I ordered my lomax yesterday from Luke at truckalterations.com for $675 out the door and it should be arriving via Fed-Ex Today. Are you still satisfied with your purchase?

Any installation tips or problems I should know about? It sounds like it is pretty simple..... Have you modded it in anyway?

Luke at Truck Alterations 828-926-4416 quoted me below (All prices are OTD with free shipping and no sales tax in TX):

Lomax $675
MX4 $820
BAK F1 $870

Thoughts?

You're lucky, took almost 2 weeks for me to get my Lomax.

I've only had it on for a few days but I do really like it. Installation was pretty easy as well. No modification was needed. My only tip would be not to do it outside, at night, when its 28 degrees out....like I did. Took me about 30 mins, which included finding my ratchet and trying to keep my hands warm

Snwjnky

Reaction score

Lomax $675
MX4 $820
BAK F1 $870

Thoughts?
Is that the price for the Tri-Fold Lomax? I've been looking at that one for my Rebel.
Was wondering if the Lomax rails and clamps would interfere with my Bed Group rails. Anyone with experience with this?

Snwjnky

Reaction score
Is that the price for the Tri-Fold Lomax? I've been looking at that one for my Rebel.
Was wondering if the Lomax rails and clamps would interfere with my Bed Group rails. Anyone with experience with this?
Never mind. Found the answers I was looking for.

usedup

Reaction score
If you ever try a good retractable cover you won't be satisfied with anything else. Maybe a little pricey but it's worth it...in my humble opinion.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have the same tonneau as the OP. It’s actually been pretty great.
Minimal leaking and super light, so I can remove it by myself in under a minute if neeeded. No complaints really.

SadiEJays

Reaction score
Mine came with the extang e-max. I would have never paid 500 for it but it came with the truck and is a little nicer than the 200 dollar model I had on my old truck. I really wanted a hard one but I don't hate the soft ones.

Fausimo

Reaction score
I have the same one as op, it feels too loose and it opens by just pulling up on it is there a way to adjust tightness?

Users who are viewing this thread