5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Covers in Short Supply?

fxdrider

Reaction score
I ordered a BakFlip MX4 cover last Tuesday (10/17), and the merchants website said it would ship between 10/19-10/21. Well 10/21 was yesterday and when I didn't get a shipping notice, I called customer service to ask if they had any idea when it would ship. The woman I spoke with let me know that the manufacturers of many of the covers were a bit behind, and she'd tried to get a more definitive timeline for me. About 2 hours later I got an email from another customer service person stating that "due to high demand, BakFlip production is taking longer than usual. Your order is currently expected to ship no later than November 10." I was a bit surprised. That's quite an update. Oh well, I'll deal with it. I don't think I have much choice, as I looked at other vendors and even other manufacturers and they all seem to have a somewhat delayed shipping schedule for covers.
I just hope the order doesn't updated again to an even later date.

Bcryan

Reaction score
Everyone is behind on aftermarket parts right now. I have a friend in the aftermarket business and he has A LOT of backorders

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They are about 1 month behind. I have two people still waiting in their's. A lot of manufacturers are behind.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

fxdrider

Reaction score
I'm definitely seeing that. I guess, for the manufacturers, it's a good problem to have. Rather than too few people buying their products.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
I guess I should consider myself lucky that I got my Bakflip in August. I had no wait, except for the normal delivery time.

Kooch80

Reaction score
I ordered a Bak revolver and was told 4 to 6 weeks. Got a shipping notice the other day, about 2 weeks after I ordered.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Got an undercover flex a week ago. Had leak between panels and is taking 7-14 days to get my replacement from installer.

Toolbox

Reaction score
Just ordered a mx4 on Tuesday and will be delivered tomorrow from truckalterations.com. Ask for Lucas gave me a pretty good deal and had them in stock.

fxdrider

Reaction score
Just ordered a mx4 on Tuesday and will be delivered tomorrow from truckalterations.com. Ask for Lucas gave me a pretty good deal and had them in stock.
Thanks for the tip! I'll give them a try.

Reaction score
My Bakflip showed up broken, they said on Sunday 6 weeks min to get a new one out :(

rnoggle

Reaction score
I just ordered a Diamondback HD from their outlet store which is "factory seconds ".
They gave me a shipping date of December 11 !?! For a cover that is already built!

Bcryan

Reaction score
Shortages are all over the board right now. Because of COVID many people didn’t go on vacations or planned trips.. so they spent the money on other things. I bought a new RAM!!!

trying to get pressure treated lumber, or vinyl near me is like pulling teeth. I’m on a contractor waiting list on decks I was supposed to finish a month ago

fxdrider

Reaction score
Well, I found a vendor that had them in stock. Ordered one last night - it shipped this morning. ETA is Tuesday. I called to cancel the order I had with the first vendor. The lady I talked to was shocked I found one.

Me too!

rnoggle

Reaction score
Why did you go for the SE vs the 270?
not the SE, but the HD, which is the same style as the SE, but stronger.
I looked at the 270, but, for me, I don't think it would make that much difference having 2 smaller panels versus 1 larger panel at the front. Also, they had the HD that fits my truck in the outlet store for over $400 less than a 270. If they'd had the 270 on discount I'm sure I would have went with it.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Wonder if there is any deals to be had on camper shells/caps...

NCGatorRam

Reaction score
Ordered a Lomax from RealTruck last Wed and was delivered 3 days later on Sat.

Users who are viewing this thread