5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover?

jback1131

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a 2020 Dodge Rebel with the " Split Tailgate", no Ram Box. I am looking for recommendations for a Tonneau Cover.

I am looking for a good quality, that can be easily removed to use the full bed.

I greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you

John

Fairtrade87

Reaction score
Hello

Just search the forum or Google. There are plenty of choices out there! You just have to decide if you want a hard or soft cover and if you want a roll up, folding cover or removable.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

WhiteLaramie2020

Reaction score
I put the Peragon on based on reviews and photos from this site. I had an access lorado on my silverado and really liked it but wanted a hard retractable this go round. Its really all you preference. Every single one has a plus and minus. chose the one you like the best or fits you use the best.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
There are literally 47 posts about tonneau covers here on this site...use the search window at the very center, top of the site...

STR

Reaction score
I had the Extang Solid-Fold 2.0 installed on two previous trucks, and wanted a flush mount this time, but the options are limited due to the bed support brackets near the cab. After conducting some research on resized brackets, modifying tracks, etc., I ultimately went back to Extang, which works with the MFT. 58F0550C-8543-4F97-B933-791966710298.jpeg

kiesey

Reaction score
Looking at picking this up today, I too have a Rebel with MFT - Looks great man! Couple quick questions for you -

How's the water repellency? Can you hear it over bumps?

STR

Reaction score
^^^ I never had any issues with water. It’s solid- no creaks or squeaks with bumps...

kiesey

Reaction score
I had the Extang Solid-Fold 2.0 installed on two previous trucks, and wanted a flush mount this time, but the options are limited due to the bed support brackets near the cab. After conducting some research on resized brackets, modifying tracks, etc., I ultimately went back to Extang, which works with the MFT. View attachment 58470
I didn't quote, please have a look at the post above!

STR

Reaction score
^^^ No, just the 4 OEM tie downs toward the bottom of the bed, and I also installed the AMP Research Bed Extender, which fits under the cover.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Like other's have said, penty of options so just pick one.
Paralysis by analysis is real.

Cheers,

kiesey

Reaction score
Like other's have said, penty of options so just pick one.
Paralysis by analysis is real.

Cheers,
Actually, no there aren’t. The multi-functional Tailgate or MFT as you would see in posts, prevents most Tonneau covers from installing due to a bracket added in the bed. I wish I had paralysis from analysis, but there are only a few options without replacing the bracket with an aftermarket one, which unfortunately voids warranty.

Reactions: STR

kiesey

Reaction score
^^^ No, just the 4 OEM tie downs toward the bottom of the bed, and I also installed the AMP Research Bed Extender, which fits under the cover.

Amazing! I bought one the other day, mentioned rails should not get in the way. Thanks for the help! It’s hard to find info on MFT Tonneau options

STR

Reaction score
Actually, no there aren’t. The multi-functional Tailgate or MFT as you would see in posts, prevents most Tonneau covers from installing due to a bracket added in the bed...
^^^ This...

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a 2020 Dodge Rebel with the " Split Tailgate", no Ram Box. I am looking for recommendations for a Tonneau Cover.

I am looking for a good quality, that can be easily removed to use the full bed.

I greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you

John
Gator quad fold (hard cover) gives you access to whole bed.

flynfish

Reaction score
Check out this thread:

tonneau covers that work with the multifunction tailgate?

STR

Reaction score
Gator quad fold (hard cover) gives you access to whole bed.
Site indicates that it’s not compatible w/MFT... Do you have it installed w/the MFT? If so, pic of the install would be great!
1051920B-6778-4C1F-A832-480F1A42B926.png

STR

Reaction score
^^^ That’s OK... I really like the Gator Quad Fold. Wish it would’ve worked w/the MFT (y)

kiesey

Reaction score
^^^ That’s OK... I really like the Gator Quad Fold. Wish it would’ve worked w/the MFT (y)

I received my cover today...looks awesome, but the back hinge closer to the tailgate doesn’t sit flat...Did you experience this as all? There’s a screw in there, should I play with it?

Users who are viewing this thread