5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover---- Multifunction Tailgate

Stvo1

Reaction score
Just bought a 2020 1500 5'7 box didnt realize how hard it was to get a tonneau cover for it. I wanted a hard roll up but doesnt seem thats available. What have you guys found?

Is there a mod to do some how to get them to work?

From what I can tell its the corner brace that is the issue.

Thanks

evanxrs

Reaction score
This is what I have.
2019 Ram Rebel
c33bb7ffe85f2af48086a74d2621b92c.jpg
70b118d969c83a11b469d68cba54d8e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Kooch80

Reaction score
Big thread on this already as RickWaz pointed out. You can see some different covers people have put on

ramwb

Reaction score
I was wondering has anyone tried to put the corner brackets on top of the rails near the cab for the MX4 and will that fit? I still want to get an MX4 for my truck.

brenan00

Reaction score
Aloha All,
I found a new oem tonneau cover on Craigslist for $295 off a new trx. Is it a fit with mft? On the Mopar site it has one for 5.7 bed or 5.7 with ramboxes. Doesn’t mention mft. So I think it will work. I think would be a good deal because of no shipping .
Mahalo,
Charles

nia198

Reaction score
We managed to get a Bak Revolver x4 on successfully by replacing the brackets at the truck end with ones from rightonbracket.com (https://rightonbracket.com/product/...cor9-ll0PehY3dHOoenBR7npzIDyMBWBoCw7MQAvD_BwE). We had to cut notches out of the rails to make them fit over the existing bolts and having got it on, had to shave a few millimetres off each side of the plastic locking segments for the 18ish inches at the truck body end, as the brackets are still non-zero width, but it works pretty well. 15k miles in and all is still good. Suspect the brackets would help with some other covers too.

nia198

Reaction score
We managed to get a Bak Revolver x4 on successfully by replacing the brackets at the truck end with ones from rightonbracket.com (https://rightonbracket.com/product/...cor9-ll0PehY3dHOoenBR7npzIDyMBWBoCw7MQAvD_BwE). We had to cut notches out of the rails to make them fit over the existing bolts and having got it on, had to shave a few millimetres off each side of the plastic locking segments for the 18ish inches at the truck body end, as the brackets are still non-zero width, but it works pretty well. 15k miles in and all is still good. Suspect the brackets would help with some other covers too.
PS - took me about 4hrs to get it all on, but definitely worth it!

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I have the TruXedo Sentry CT Tonneau Cover with my 2020 Rebel with Rambox's and the multifunction tailgate. Everything works great, relatively easy to install and I feel it is pretty secure. I can use the Rambox and tailgate without any problems.
I have the same one, although I do not have rambox. 90% happy, as time goes on I noticed a few little quirks but would certainly still recommend it. To be fair, I don’t have anything else to compare it to.

To summarize the long thread in case you don’t read it, this is the only hard rolling cover available right now that will work with a multi function tailgate without ram box unless you want to use the aftermarket brackets. If you search my post, I did do an initial impression review after I installed it.

Users who are viewing this thread