5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover for Ram Box that can accommodate canoe/kayak racks

Ages

Reaction score
I'm going to order a tonneau cover for my Ram Box 2021 BH 1500 w/MFT. I want something that is durable, watertight and can accommodate racks to carry a fishing kayak. Anybody have brand and model that they recommend? If it worked on the 2020 it will work on the 2021. Pics are helpful if you have them.

WilburNJ

Reaction score
I'm going to order a tonneau cover for my Ram Box 2021 BH 1500 w/MFT. I want something that is durable, watertight and can accommodate racks to carry a fishing kayak. Anybody have brand and model that they recommend? If it worked on the 2020 it will work on the 2021. Pics are helpful if you have them.
Take a look at the diamondback covers. You can add a rack system to them pretty easily. And they will fit the 5th gen 1500 with ram boxes and MFT.

TacticalCucumber

Reaction score
I just ordered my DiamondBack HD today. Keep in mind they have a 45 day lead time, but they support 1600lbs, are solid aluminum, and can easily add attachments to your liking - saw a dude with a huge solar panel on it.

AALiVEE

Reaction score
I did install the Retrax Pro XR this afternoon, 45 minutes later i was done. It sure looks supernice, way, way better than the diamondback imo. I like the sleek look that lines up with the lines of the truck.

High quality product, seems really durable.
On the XR model you can install racks from Rhino Racks, Thule and other that sits above the tonneau, so you keep the storage intact, and they all have Kayak mounts.

They provide info of what rack that fits the cover, either look at their website or give the guys a call.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OP stated "Ram Box 2021 BH 1500 w/MFT" and look like Retrax Pro XR do not work with MFT.

Ages

Reaction score
Found this at the Nuthouse, anybody have one on their RamBox? A bit pricey though.
1600522430889.png

AALiVEE

Reaction score
OP stated "Ram Box 2021 BH 1500 w/MFT" and look like Retrax Pro XR do not work with MFT.

Yes it does, but you will need to change out two brackets, there is info on the forum about this if he decides to go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread