5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Pressure for Michelin Defender LTX Load Range E Tires

Brent89

Reaction score
I have a 2020 1500, 4WD, Crew Cab Laramie. OEM tires were Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT Highway All-Season Size: 275/65R18 116T. I was not particularly impressed with these tires so I got Michelin Defender LTX M/S Size LT275/65R18 123/120R E. OEM tire pressure recommendations for front and back are 36 psi. Discount Tire said to use 40 psi on the Michelins since they have a larger load range. However, I contacted Michelin directly with all this info and they responded that I should use 50 psi. So does anyone have a similar tire and what pressure do you use?

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
I still have the OEM tires on my truck but I am strongly considering the Michelin Defender LTX tires you have. How have the Michelin tires been? How’s the ride comfort affected? I imagine the road noise is very low because I have the same Michelin tires on my wife’s Pacifica.

What’s the recommended tire pressure on the side wall?

Brent89

Reaction score
The ride comfort with the Defenders is as good or better than OEM with little to no road noise, at least that I've noticed. I do have the 10 ply Load Range E version, so with the 50 psi pressure recommended by Michelin, I'm guessing the non-LT tires might even be smoother (assuming the non-LT's would be at the factory 36 psi). The max psi on the LT version is 80 psi.

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
The ride comfort with the Defenders is as good or better than OEM with little to no road noise, at least that I've noticed. I do have the 10 ply Load Range E version, so with the 50 psi pressure recommended by Michelin, I'm guessing the non-LT tires might even be smoother (assuming the non-LT's would be at the factory 36 psi). The max psi on the LT version is 80 psi.
Awesome! Now I’m looking forward to purchasing the Defenders.

mtvrwe2003

Reaction score
I’ve been riding on LT275/70/18 for the last 10 years and have always ran 55psi if you run them low pressure the tread will cup and then make noise. Pump them up it won’t hurt a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pixelcloak

Reaction score
I just got these in LT275/65/r20 and had the same question. Currently, running 55 front 45 rear, but I do think I hear more tire noise out back with that setup. I'm debating trying the rear at 55 as well but I hope the ride doesn't suffer too much.

Users who are viewing this thread