5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please post your Tire and Loading sticker

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are those payload numbers disappointingly low compared to the chart that was published by Ram, or is it just me? I was expecting 16xx-17xx payload on my BigHorn 4x4 Hemi eTorque 5’7”... wonder what it actually will be...
I think that’s just the way it works for all the manufacturers. I’m researching a Limited trim CC 4x4 5.7 short bed. Towing chart says ~1800 pounds max payload but we know from the payload stickers we’ve seen that actual payload for this trim is ~1400-1500.

I’ve been looking at a Platinum F150 also. There its even more misleading. They claim max payload of 3000+ pounds (they don’t break it down as well as Ram does for each engine/cab/bed/driveline combination in their towing guide). Well the actual payload stickers for the Platinum trim are in the same range as the Ram ~1400-1500lbs.

The new gen Ram is more competitive in payload capacity than the previous generation, at least at the higher trim levels.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Think about it this way - max payload is the lightest possible version of a given cab/bed length. But virtually no one buys that lightest version. We add options that deduct from the max payload like eTorque batteries, pano sunroof, skid plates, 33 gal fuel tank, etc.
I'm actually surprised it hasn't gotten close to the point of having no usable payload because all the options!

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Think about it this way - max payload is the lightest possible version of a given cab/bed length. But virtually no one buys that lightest version. We add options that deduct from the max payload like eTorque batteries, pano sunroof, skid plates, 33 gal fuel tank, etc.
I'm actually surprised it hasn't gotten close to the point of having no usable payload because all the options!
Yep, that description is helpful, wish there was a typical range available as an estimate... which would be the point of this thread, so we are working on it. I wonder what Ramboxes do to payload?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd gess RamBox adds ~40 lbs. You lose a little outside sheet metal but gain the plastic box & lid, lock assemblies, and interior steel bed walls. Maybe more than 40?
We'd have to find two identical trucks with and without RamBox and weigh them to get the real figure.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is my 2016 for comparison. Pretty well loaded Crew aside from Air suspension, 1252 LBS.

20180715_090731.jpg

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my 2016 for comparison. Pretty well loaded Crew aside from Air suspension, 1252 LBS.

View attachment 1443
And now I remeber why I keep waiting for the 5th Gen HD or a 2018 or 19 4th Gen HD at a great deal. The 5th Gen 1500 is a very capable truck...but I would be using it at the high end almost everyday...

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My son and I spent some time at the local dealer hoping to find an unlocked truck to snap some more pics of the sticker.

Seems like payloads are right about 1400...but a few are way down.

1270 limited, 1252 '16 sport, 1462 limited, 1428 limited, 1308 Laramie, 1435 Laramie.

Tomorrow I will see if I can figure out a few more things.

Interesting

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1270 limited, 1252 '16 sport, 1462 limited, 1428 limited, 1308 Laramie, 1435 Laramie.
Interesting
Yep those are lower than I expected. Curious about the BigHorn Crew Cab payload if you see one. Thanks for sharing those numbers!

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My son and I spent some time at the local dealer hoping to find an unlocked truck to snap some more pics of the sticker.

Interesting
Thanks for taking the time.

So ~1400 on average on higher trim trucks right now and all the options aren’t even available yet; eTorque (80lbs), Ram Box, Bed Step (20lbs)....

I bet a fully optioned out truck will be 1100, not that I’m looking for that. Still better than the under 900lb payload stickers I’ve heard rumor of in fully optioned 4th gen trucks.

I’d like a Limited 4x4 Crew, short bed, 5.7 eTorque, 3.92, anti spin, 33gal fuel tank, advanced safety group and brake controller. I’m thinking just under 1400 on the sticker based on what we’ve seen.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know my 2014 Outdoorsman is 1370lbs and I have pretty well everything on it including ramboxes and air suspension so I am hoping when I order my 2019 Rebel it will be close to that.:)

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't have my truck yet, still in shipping. But the detailed equipment list for the build online has the payload at 1900. Big Horn / Lone Star quad cab 5.7, very few options, 18" tires, payload chart lists standard payload as 1980 so that is reasonably close....guessing the 33 gallon gas tank cost some weight but not much else. If the door sticker shows anything different for payload when it arrives I'll post it.
With regard to the 33gal tank, the payload penalty is not only the additional weight of the larger tank but also the extra 7 gallons of fuel. So let’s say the bigger tank weighs 20lbs more (just a guess) and the 7 gallons weighs 42. That’s 62lbs lower payload on the sticker.

Davidmurphy02

Reaction score
Just picked up my Lone Star quad cab yesterday. Pretty basic truck - bench seat, tow package, 33 gallon gas tank, Level 1 Equipment, 18 inch wheels. Bought it for towing a camper and payload was important to me - happy to see the actual payload rating, highest one I've seen so far. Rambo payload.jpg Rambo 01.jpg

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked up my Lone Star quad cab yesterday. Pretty basic truck - bench seat, tow package, 33 gallon gas tank, Level 1 Equipment, 18 inch wheels. Bought it for towing a camper and payload was important to me - happy to see the actual payload rating, highest one I've seen so far. View attachment 1580 View attachment 1581
Nice. Wondering how much lower my CrewCab BigHorn will be with sunroof, eTorque, side step, Rambox... you know, when it arrives in three months. :( Thanks for posting!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like the 18 inch wheels help to increase payload? That was a thought I had. Not sure if it really does or not, but that is the big difference between the ones shown.

1804...that would be a good amount of payload

Users who are viewing this thread