5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thuren Fab / King Shocks

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Considering there aren't many high-performance options out there. I wanted to share this since I haven't seen much of it. But Thuren Fab does custom tuned King shocks for Hemi and Ecodiesel engines

Jeansebplante

Reaction score
Saw those some Time ago. I just wish they would offer a 3 inches lift option. I am leaning toward Fox or Fabtech for that reason.

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Saw those some Time ago. I just wish they would offer a 3 inches lift option. I am leaning toward Fox or Fabtech for that reason.
yeah the 4" BDS lift requires the cut the frame which I'm not down with so I'm looking out for a better suspension lift option.

Jeansebplante

Reaction score
So you’ll be getting +/- the same lift as your Falcons? Why changing then?

SoCalBogey

Reaction score
I have the stage 4 Thuren tuned Kings with comp adjusters on my 2020 Rebel. Prior to this I had the Icon stuff but it just didn’t do the trick for me. These Thurens are absolutely incredible. Expensive as hell, but if you take your rig off-road, they are worth it. I’m running Don’s beefy extended rear sway bar links as well. Amazing parts, highly recommended.

071E6A60-9A2C-434E-998E-A1CF2916E555.jpeg
56F864F0-6C89-49BF-A930-3ED3105D2C53.jpeg

1B8356F4-AE1A-4939-A97A-DC003EA18039.jpeg
B1643AEE-A4C0-486B-AC90-E199C06BF1C1.jpeg
97135183-9BAE-405C-8C6F-9620C138A559.jpeg
42BA65B0-693D-4D46-AAE4-B6095DBF4901.jpeg
B2AE8BAC-92ED-42B9-947B-73AD4271AE9D.jpeg

Roaminglost

Reaction score
I have the stage 4 Thuren tuned Kings with comp adjusters on my 2020 Rebel. Prior to this I had the Icon stuff but it just didn’t do the trick for me. These Thurens are absolutely incredible. Expensive as hell, but if you take your rig off-road, they are worth it. I’m running Don’s beefy extended rear sway bar links as well. Amazing parts, highly recommended.

View attachment 78030
View attachment 78031

View attachment 78032
View attachment 78033
View attachment 78034
View attachment 78035
View attachment 78036
do you think the combo of upper control arm and suspension gives you more travel?

Nsm42

Reaction score
Great info! Where can we get more info on the extended sway bar links?

SoCalBogey

Reaction score
do you think the combo of upper control arm and suspension gives you more travel?

Indeed it does, the shocks are slightly extended over the OEM Rebel shocks, I had a comparison photo on my phone but for the life of me I cannot find it. Both the front and the rear are extended. The new Icon a arms did allow the shocks to achieve full droop in the front. Also, in the real before I had the extended links the droop travel was limited by the stock links.
Great info! Where can we get more info on the extended sway bar links?
Yessir, here is the link:

SoCalBogey

Reaction score
That’s pretty beefy looking! How was the process of drilling out the frame mount nut threads? That’s the only part that has me on the fence.

Really easy actually! I jacked the rear end up and removed the oem links and actually never had to remove the rear wheels. The whole install took maybe 45 mins start to finish, including greasing the zerks and taking pics. 😂

Reaction score
@SoCalBogey Were the compression adjust worth it the extra money? I love the idea of being able to adjust stiff/soft but
while emailing Thuren they said the adjusters are ok at best, & that they don't offer a ton of adjustment.

SoCalBogey

Reaction score
Personally, I like having the compression adjusters and I do use them. I noticed a significant difference when I had my truck loaded down in the rear and did some higher speed off-roading in the desert washes. Aside from having some compression adjustment capability, there are other performance benefits to the adjusters. Here’s some info from accutune:

Other Benefits of Compression Adjusters:​

There are many other lesser known benefits of compression adjusters that improve the performance of your shocks such as increased damping, better cooling and more consistency.

Compression Adjusters are basically a second damping piston which works off the displacement of the piston rod and meters oil flow into the reservoir. By adding a second damping piston the damping area and damping force are automatically increased. This is important for 2.0 shocks on solid axles and 2.5 shocks on IFS, which can run out of damping force. Because the compression adjuster piston is located next to the reservoir it does a better job putting heat into the oil where it is more easily cooled. Finally the compression adjuster piston significantly reduces the ability for the shock to cavitate and loose damping. Small amounts of oil can easily flow into the reservoir, but compression adjusters generally don’t flow large amounts of oil well, meaning they’re forced through the main piston, making it do it’s job. These benefits by themselves are often worth adding a compression adjuster to your shocks.

Hope that helps!!

ljndralec

Reaction score

brodieg

Reaction score
im going to install the icon 1.5 rear springs to my ram its a 19 big horn i dont have a rebel. since it would lift the back do i need these sb links? its a dumb question i need help just lookin for some help thanks ?
I am currently running the ICON 1.5" Dual Rate springs on my 19 BigHorn and did not need aftermarket SB Links.

Users who are viewing this thread