5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

These Things Sell Themselves

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
I came home with my EcoDiesel on Memorial day. One of my neighbors is an independent contractor, he had a Nissan Frontier just like mine.

I dropped by to ask if he wanted a Tri-Fold topper from my Frontier to put on his and we got to talking about my new Ram. I ended up showing him my new 1500, talking about trims, features, and Mark Dodge. He said he wants one but he wants to get a 2500 to tow up to 15,000lbs. I told him to reach out to MD and see what they had.

By the end of the week, I was driving by and this was in his driveway:
yWQAomE.jpg

xH6Mtt7.jpg

He gave me a full tour. He apparently contacted MD, but a 2500 with the options he wanted would be 6-12 months out. He did a national inventory search and found the truck he wanted in Orlando. I love my truck, but he definitely one-upped me with the Limited Night Edition. He couldn't be happier with it.

I now have a co-worker who's about to retire and buy a 5th wheel, he's also considering a Ram after giving him the full tour.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I came home with my EcoDiesel on Memorial day. One of my neighbors is an independent contractor, he had a Nissan Frontier just like mine.

I dropped by to ask if he wanted a Tri-Fold topper from my Frontier to put on his and we got to talking about my new Ram. I ended up showing him my new 1500, talking about trims, features, and Mark Dodge. He said he wants one but he wants to get a 2500 to tow up to 15,000lbs. I told him to reach out to MD and see what they had.

yWQAomE.jpg

xH6Mtt7.jpg

He gave me a full tour. He apparently contacted MD, but a 2500 with the options he wanted would be 6-12 months out. He did a national inventory search and found the truck he wanted in Orlando. I love my truck, but he definitely one-upped me with the Limited Night Edition. He couldn't be happier with it.

I now have a co-worker who's about to retire and buy a 5th wheel, he's also considering a Ram after giving him the full tour.
That 2500 is gorgeous. I wish it made sense in any way for me to get one.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

yWQAomE.jpg

xH6Mtt7.jpg

For the coworker buying a 5th wheel, Have him join HDRams and ask a lot of questions.

Diesel 2500 payload is pitiful. They at least need air springs and won't be "legal" pulling any sizable 5th wheel.

A 12K GVWR fifth will exceed the payload on a 2500 Cummins once the truck and trailer are geared up and wet.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

yWQAomE.jpg

xH6Mtt7.jpg

Get off my sidewalk!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
lol tell me about it. my friend and I combined have sent at least 10 orders over to MD within the past few months. few Rams and most are Jeeps lol

Users who are viewing this thread