5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Theme settings

illucid

Reaction score
I love how I can change the theme settings on the gauge cluster and uconnect screen but for me it's a hit and miss. most of the time when I change it, both screens change and then when I turn the truck off and come back and turn it on, only the uconnect screen still keeps that theme. The gauge cluster is back to the normal sport background and now they don't match. Anybody else have this issue? I'm thinking it will just be a software update more than likely.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've heard several complain about this and I wonder if theme is connected to seat memory like radio presets are. Have you tried changing the theme and then re-saving your seat memory?

Sounds wild but there are so many settings captured with the seat memory position it's worth a shot.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard several complain about this and I wonder if theme is connected to seat memory like radio presets are. Have you tried changing the theme and then re-saving your seat memory?

Sounds wild but there are so many settings captured with the seat memory position it's worth a shot.
This. I always take the 2 seconds to update my seat memory after making any setting changes to the truck. Everything seems to 'stick' so far, for what it's worth.

Lalantodd

Reaction score
I love how I can change the theme settings on the gauge cluster and uconnect screen but for me it's a hit and miss. most of the time when I change it, both screens change and then when I turn the truck off and come back and turn it on, only the uconnect screen still keeps that theme. The gauge cluster is back to the normal sport background and now they don't match. Anybody else have this issue? I'm thinking it will just be a software update more than likely.
My Dealership said Ram is aware of the issue and they have a Star report on this issue. They told me to expect a software update in March 2019 to fix the issue... yes MARCH 2019!

Attachments

• C377E6BD-B5AB-4148-BC30-1B742A781FD2.jpeg
    C377E6BD-B5AB-4148-BC30-1B742A781FD2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 155

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That says "1st quarter 2019." Anyone know if Ram is on a calendar or fiscal year and if so, when it starts?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NVM - FCA is on a calendar year so that is a ways off for an update.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have to try this. Thanks.

gatorhwk

Reaction score
The dealer stated March 2019 would be the next update. I find it hard to believe!

March 2019 is flipping bonkers if true. Isn't it a proprietary system? It's not like they're waiting for another mfg to update firmware allowing them to make updates ... or are they?

Either way ... I'd expect them to place more importance on the issue internally or have more pull if it's external.

Last edited:

craigrh13

Reaction score
How do you change the theme settings on the radio and cluster? My 2015 was under “display” in settings. I don’t see anything to change my theme on my 2019 with the 8.4.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you change the theme settings on the radio and cluster? My 2015 was under “display” in settings. I don’t see anything to change my theme on my 2019 with the 8.4.
Same. In settings under Display.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Craigrh13, IIRC, you have a Laramie. Use the search feature of the built in owners manual and it will walk you through the process. I believe we have four options.

craigrh13

Reaction score
Hmmmm. What trim do you have? I have the Laramie with Level 1 package.

I also have the Laramie. No navigation since it’s pointless with CarPlay. My 2015 bighorn had the option. I’m not seeing it on mine.

craigrh13

Reaction score
Craigrh13, IIRC, you have a Laramie. Use the search feature of the built in owners manual and it will walk you through the process. I believe we have four options.

We have a built in owners manual? Lol.

craigrh13

Reaction score
Depends on your build date or whether you received the OTA update some lucky few have received. Like many, I have an icon for it, but it has yet to appear.

Hmmmmm. I’ll bave to check my bail date. I just bought the truck last Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread