5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The original Goodyear tires on my Limited lasted less than 15,000 miles

Reverse

Reaction score
Like the title says. I am a pretty sedate driver, don't stress the tires at all. Keep them at the required pressure (or a little higher). Nothing that should make tires wear that fast. I do live in a hilly area with many twisty roads, so that could have caused more wear. Still, I usually get at least 35,000 miles out of my tires. Ugh.

Switched to Michelin Defenders (made in USA) which have and are serving me well on my other Ram's 20" wheels. Also come with a 70,000 mile warranty.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Like the title says. I am a pretty sedate driver, don't stress the tires at all. Keep them at the required pressure (or a little higher). Nothing that should make tires wear that fast. I do live in a hilly area with many twisty roads, so that could have caused more wear. Still, I usually get at least 35,000 miles out of my tires. Ugh.

Switched to Michelin Defenders (made in USA) which have and are serving me well on my other Ram's 20" wheels. Also come with a 70,000 mile warranty.
FWIW...my factory Falkens look almost new at 12K miles.

kilcher

Reaction score
I have 16,000 miles on my 18" Goodyear Wranglers and they still look pretty good. Will probably replace them not this winter but next. I had Bridgestone tires on my last vehicle (a Chevy Traverse) and replaced the first set at 75,000 miles and the second set at 150,000 miles. Those were some good tires.

Users who are viewing this thread