5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Numbers Are In For The 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Numbers Are In For The 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel:
EPA Rates EcoDiesel Ram 1500 4x2 At 32 MPG...

RM020_012MMgvkb93087dmcq7tjnad3od2en2.jpg

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was really hoping to see the 30 mark for 4x4 even though it will all depend on driving style.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty good. I figured it would be tough for them to beat the GM numbers unless they dialed back the power. I'll take the extra TQ for any day.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I drove the EcoDiesels several weeks ago in Minnesota at the Ram media launch, I was impressed with the real world economy. I drove the exact Tradesman truck that TFLTruck claimed outrageous numbers on and with me it got about 28 mpg. Now this was a Quad Cab 4x2 model with the max towing package with 3.92 gears and mixed driving while not hypermiling it...

20190815_134139.jpg

Also drove several of the Crew Cab 4x4s with air suspension and was getting 24 mpg with 3.92 gears and that's with idling time for pictures and video shooting... again very impressed.

20190815_115542.jpg

Talisman

Reaction score
Since there was an embargo on reporting actual MPG for the ecodiesel, is it possible that the vehicle wasn't calibrated to give an accurate MPG reading on these test runs? Perhaps your MPG could have been a little better than "advertised" by the readout on the truck. Although now that the EPA numbers are released, these readouts look pretty accurate.

It is kind of lame that the TLFT guys haven't updated their video with second run results yet.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Since there was an embargo on reporting actual MPG for the ecodiesel, is it possible that the vehicle wasn't calibrated to give an accurate MPG reading on these test runs? Perhaps your MPG could have been a little better than "advertised" by the readout on the truck. Although now that the EPA numbers are released, these readouts look pretty accurate.

It is kind of lame that the TLFT guys haven't updated their video with second run results yet.

All the trucks we drove were production-spec. We drove in real world conditions in Minnesota both city and highway

Talisman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Sounds like the Tlft guys got super lucky or made an error then. Bummer, that would’ve been an amazing result even if it only occurs in perfect conditions.

Talisman

Reaction score
Put this up for ya @Talisman

Thanks! That’s pretty impressive mpg for that truck. Thanks for posting the details of the truck as well.

Off topic, but is there any clue as to when ecodiesels will arrive on dealer lots for test driving? I’m in the market for a new truck before winter sets in.

HST

Reaction score
You can order a eco diesel right now . I just did yesterday . As of right now dealers can
only order sold trucks no trucks for inventory.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

HST

Reaction score
Pretty much the same numbers they got over at TFL web site. US EPA use a dyno
that they calibrate for the weight of the truck . I do not know how they test in Canada .

Users who are viewing this thread