5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new electric Ram

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Those are just renderings. I would hope that Ram could come up with something better than an Avalanche copycat.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"In terms of aesthetics, all we can do is speculate, which is exactly what our talented friend Joao Kleber Amaral did in these exclusive renderings. They’re obviously based on the Silverado EV, but he did a good job on the front fascia and the slightly more futuristic and streamlined profile.?

So, basically...they are full of ****

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That rendering is better looking than any of the other coal powered trucks I've seen... but that's not saying much. 🤷‍♂️

Dontra

Reaction score
Hopefully, it will look better, there will be a lot of renderings in the next few years

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That rendering is better looking than any of the other coal powered trucks I've seen... but that's not saying much. 🤷‍♂️
Coal only accounts for 19.3% of US electricity production. Would be much more accurate to call them Natural Gas trucks but even they would likely be inaccurate by 2024 as many utilities are moving away from Natural gas as well. I personally charge my phev with wind energy but my overall utility is 32% gas, 27% wind, 21% coal, 13% nuclear, 3% solar and 4% other carbon free sources.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in a weird spot. I want my next truck to be an electric Ram, so I want them to come out with something great with usable range (though it doesn't have to necessarily match the 800+ miles I'm getting on a tank.) So, I want it to be great, but I don't want it to be so great that there is no interest/trade-in value for my current truck. I guess what I really need is for there to be enough diesel die-hards who will never go electric and will be there waiting for my truck when I ready to go electric.

That said, we're enjoying our truck so much, I can't see me trading for many years and I'd be happy if the next one looked exactly like my current truck.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Coal only accounts for 19.3% of US electricity production. Would be much more accurate to call them Natural Gas trucks but even they would likely be inaccurate by 2024 as many utilities are moving away from Natural gas as well. I personally charge my phev with wind energy but my overall utility is 32% gas, 27% wind, 21% coal, 13% nuclear, 3% solar and 4% other carbon free sources.
🤔

That's okay. Not everyone gets my humor.

NHRoadking

Reaction score
EVs have a lot of things I like. I expect my new truck or the one after will be an EV.

The only thing holding me back now is the lack of charging stations for road-trips. That will change though.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks a ton like the 1st gen Ridgeline I had. Not enough bed in that to really use like a truck

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
🤔

That's okay. Not everyone gets my humor.
Fair enough critique - been seeing a number of these ev threads going south with 'alternative facts' for posters political sensitivities lately and perhaps have become roo quick to act before considering other motives!

Users who are viewing this thread