5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hellephant

RebelMike

Reaction score
Or bolt on, lol. Maintain your warranty if installed at a dealer?

I doubt that very much, I read another story that covered this, and they stated that FCA was careful to announce that the engine was designed for use in pre 1976 and off-road use vehicles only.

Although the author did go on to say he would imagine it would find it's way into technically illegal cars in smog controlled states eventually. :)

chrisfuss

Reaction score
that won't work plug and play on the ram the ZF 8HP75 is rated to max 750 Nm. This beast creates ~1288 Nm
Even on the Charger Hellcat will not work plug and play as the 8HP95 is max 1000 Nm...

At least not at full spec

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Ok so correct me if I'm wrong. This block was reportedly designed with street use in mind. Some of the other components, are shared with the Hellcat and demon (save the forged or specially components required to sustain 1000hp). Either the hellcat or demon share a block with i think the NA SRT 6.4?

So connect the dots...I see no reason we couldn't get a toned down NA 426 that uses this aluminum block in the upcoming TR.

Also, Ford reportedly bringing a NA pushrod 7.something liter V8 to the HD lineup. I doubted we'd see a high volume aluminum block hemi for truck use, but maybe it will come in 2021/2022?

Honestly i wouldnt be upset if we just got the current 6.4 in the 1500

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Aaaand i cant believe i didn't see "Hellephant" coming. I in no way expected this to be a supercharged 426. Great job FCA keeping it under wraps, and a fitting way to bring the elephant back.

Users who are viewing this thread