5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 4x4 issue is threatening to drive me insane.

sanji27

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone here can help me with my 4x4 problem because I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find a solution. To begin with, the vehicle is a 2008 Ram 1500 TRX 5.7 with electrocnic 4x4 hi, low, and 2x4. The problem: When the 4x4 light comes on on the dash, it stays solid for both 4hi and 4low as if it's engaged properly, but no power is sent to the front wheels. I had to replace the actuator a few weeks ago, and 4x4 was operating fine until I rebuilt my CV axles two days ago; now there's no power to the front wheels.\

what my age now

Last edited:

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not sure how much help you’ll find on these forums as they’re for 5th gen rams 2019+

I don’t know anything about 3rd gen 1500’s but I’d start by checking that the front driveshaft is actually turning when you put it in 4x4 ( you’ll need a lift or jack stands for that ) and if the front shaft is turning then it must be something at the front axle hub.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Wrong forum but check to make sure nothing got damaged on the front diff

Users who are viewing this thread