5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tesla Model S EXPLOSION!! 30kg (66 pounds) of dynamite!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
"When faced with a repair bill that costs half of what you paid for your car, do you go through with the expensive repair, bring it to the junkyard, or sell it for parts? Finnish Tesla owner Tuomas Katainen decided to do something a little more extreme — but arguably a lot more satisfying — when faced with such a situation: he watched his car go up in flames, as noted in a report from Gizmodo. Well when I bought that Tesla, the first 1,500km [932 miles] were nice,” Katainen recounted. “Then, error codes hit.” After Katainen brought his Tesla to a mechanic, he found out that the only way to fix the car would be to replace the entire battery pack, which would cost him at least 20,000€, or around $22,600."

go to the 5 minute mark

one reason to not own an electric vehicle

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
one reason to not own an electric vehicle Tesla.

I'm no fan of electric trucks (range issues); but replacement battery costs differ depending on who built it. Mercedes will cost you even more, and Toyota can be < $10,000.

Just watched a video from Alex on Autos where he talks about this very issue.

I'm no fan of Tesla anymore, not after recent and pig headed comments from Elon on Twitter, lost all respect for that lad.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something. Car only had 1500 km on it? Do they not have warranties in Finland? There has to be more to this story. Also, I enjoy watching people blow sh!t up as much as anyone, but how does this thread relate to 5th gen Ram 1500's?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something. Car only had 1500 km on it? Do they not have warranties in Finland? There has to be more to this story. Also, I enjoy watching people blow sh!t up as much as anyone, but how does this thread relate to 5th gen Ram 1500's?
it is about the battery and how they do not last long and cost a lot to replace
it is rumored that in 2023 you can only get the etorque and in 2024 there will only be battery tucks sold.

Users who are viewing this thread