5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teraflex - DT Series - RAM Rebel Lift

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
Thought I'd share that I reached out today to Teraflex, specifically regarding a lift kit (front end) that would include shocks, as a complete package, specifically for the RAM rebel, and they (forget the fella's name I spoke with today) said that they had a LOT of interest in a kit like this for the 2019+ Rebels. The indication was that the kit would be out first quarter 2020, so keep your eyes peeled if you have an interest. My understanding is that most of the interest was generated as a result of TFL performing a lift with their shocks in some of the youtube videos. Those were pre-production shocks as they indicated. They've sorted out the valving, and are just slotting the shocks for production.

I didn't confirm if a UCA could be included, as I figured worst case, I'd just buy the ready lift UCA's, and pair them with the Falcon shocks. Anyhow, the kits would be complete, in my mind, with shocks, and bump stops, minus any UCA like they've done for previous generation RAM's.

fletch7276

Reaction score
Kid Richmond has been posting updates on YouTube as well, they have been using his truck for testing and development

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
Kid Richmond has been posting updates on YouTube as well, they have been using his truck for testing and development

Great thanks for that. They did mention that they actually went out and purchased a Ram Rebel, I didn't realize there was Youtube video's but thanks for sharing!

NHjake98

Reaction score
Thought I would update this link; Teraflex has released the 2.25" leveling shocks for the 2019 Rebel.

Pribilof

Reaction score
Seriously considering these paired with a 1" spring spacer in the rear. 2.25" lift in the front and a 1" lift in the rear on the Rebel would look nice. I like some rake since I actually haul a load in the bed fairly often.

Zoompastu

Reaction score
Did anybody get these yet they are on back order right now

NHjake98

Reaction score
I have them on my Rebel. There are a few links on this topic here. First let me say that I love the way they ride. The truck is very planted and takes bumps like a dream. There are a few of us on there who were early adopters of these shocks and posted our results. The bottom line is, you won't get 2.25" of lift!..I am not sure if Teraflex has addressed this yet but myself and others only got about 1.5" of lift with this kit. I had to add the WULF 1/2" spacer to get it close to level.

Zoompastu

Reaction score
I have them on my Rebel. There are a few links on this topic here. First let me say that I love the way they ride. The truck is very planted and takes bumps like a dream. There are a few of us on there who were early adopters of these shocks and posted our results. The bottom line is, you won't get 2.25" of lift!..I am not sure if Teraflex has addressed this yet but myself and others only got about 1.5" of lift with this kit. I had to add the WULF 1/2" spacer to get it close to level.
That’s great to know… I wonder if the 2.25” is with the strut spring perch at the accessory location at the very top.
I’ve seriously weighed all my options and these are definitely the shocks to get. I was planning on putting my half inch spacer on top anyway. I don’t have a rebel but I do have the 0RP so as long as I get somewhere between 2 to 2.5 inches I’ll be happy. I’m only going to run a 33.5 to 34 inch diameter tire so I can have a full size spare underneath. Whatever lift they give me will be sufficient.

Rowan11b

Reaction score
The 2.25 is in reference to the shock diameter, not the lift height, sam deal as a fox 2.0 vs 2.5 setup.

KOOPS

Reaction score

How do they ride, are they stiffer than stock suspension on the rebel?

NHjake98

Reaction score
They are a bit stiffer but in a good way. I would not say they give a rough ride at all. I used to get some back and forth swimming on the stock set-up. Now it is much more stable.

Zoompastu

Reaction score
They are a bit stiffer but in a good way. I would not say they give a rough ride at all. I used to get some back and forth swimming on the stock set-up. Now it is much more stable.
At times do you find it jarring?

KOOPS

Reaction score

Did you also use an aftermarket UCA? What was the spacer brand you went with to get perfectly level? Also, did you go with larger tires afterwards? Sorry for all the questions.

Maddog88

Reaction score
I just got my Falcon suspension installed today. So far, its exactly what I wanted. I did have to add a 1/2” Wulf top spacer up front (thanks for the heads up) to get perfectly level. The front end as measured from the tow point went up exactly 3” but, I also added 35/12.50r18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Like I said before though, the truck is perfectly level as measured by the lower punch weld under the doors.

On road feels tighter and more sporty. They might break in a bit more though. I took the truck on some rough gravel roads nearby and I was duly impressed. The ride was very smooth at about 45 mph.

Pics or it didn’t happen:

7f4bfe7a477023e4de30a6f3a02ba82f.jpg

361fa4ee6c78852dd0f4f92df8051a0c.jpg

7f92fbd2af67883a54857ab80f20bfc4.jpg

NHjake98

Reaction score
Did you also use an aftermarket UCA? What was the spacer brand you went with to get perfectly level? Also, did you go with larger tires afterwards? Sorry for all the questions.
No I did not. I called Falcon and asked them this question and they informed me that their shocks maintain the proper geometry.

Yogi217

Reaction score
Anyone tow or haul anything heavy with these yet? I watched a video done on YouTube by maybe tfl(?) where they used these on a f150 and towed a 7k trailer.

They also had someone on from the company who said they don't prevent squatting, they just dampen the sway and dropping in the rear while driving. The driver and the video was very pleased.

I'm just nervous about hauling or towing at night, on the rare occasions, that my lights will be point in the air or blinding oncoming drivers. Any thoughts?

I'd only go to probably the first setting as I'd only run 33s or 34s.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread