5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TELUS Drive+ truck wifi hotspot advise

sgk

Reaction score
So i picked one of these its basically free for the device but $10 a month for the 1g of wifi that gets added to my 6g that i have on my cell plan so its sharable so that's nice. Question being is it safe to plug one of these in your OBD II port? and where is the OBD port located?
This device also diagnoses your truck and some other features that I really don't care about, I just want to make sure stuff like this are safe to plug in and won't get error msg.
I basically got this to be able to view my dashcams from anywhere and occasionally my son can use his tablet. It was cheaper than going trough ram for me.

Thanks for you help.

https://www.telus.com/en/on/mobility/accessories/product/telus-drive

Jstadick

Reaction score
So i picked one of these its basically free for the device but $10 a month for the 1g of wifi that gets added to my 6g that i have on my cell plan so its sharable so that's nice. Question being is it safe to plug one of these in your OBD II port? and where is the OBD port located?
This device also diagnoses your truck and some other features that I really don't care about, I just want to make sure stuff like this are safe to plug in and won't get error msg.
I basically got this to be able to view my dashcams from anywhere and occasionally my son can use his tablet. It was cheaper than going trough ram for me.

Thanks for you help.

The OBDII port is drivers side right under the steering wheel. Perfectly safe to plug in. These type of devices typically only get power and reading codes from the vehicle . I actually have my V1 radar detector plugged into mine.

Reactions: sgk

sgk

Reaction score
The OBDII port is drivers side right under the steering wheel. Perfectly safe to plug in. These type of devices typically only get power and reading codes from the vehicle . I actually have my V1 radar detector plugged into mine.
awesome, thanks ill have a better look in the morning. don't know how i missed it today

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks for you help.

Where does the product say it can view a dashcam? Can it view the cameras built into the truck or is it for 3rd party dashcams?

Georgian996

Reaction score
Is the port behind a panel? I looked under there with a flashlight and could not find it. On my old F150 platinum it was like you said and I also plugged in my Valentine so I want to do it on my new limited. Post a pic if you can. Thanks

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the port behind a panel? I looked under there with a flashlight and could not find it. On my old F150 platinum it was like you said and I also plugged in my Valentine so I want to do it on my new limited. Post a pic if you can. Thanks
The OBD2 port is under the dash just left of the steering column. I plug a Bluetooth adapter in to monitor engine parameters on my phone.

MachineX

Young and retired in Texas...
Reaction score
Where does the product say it can view a dashcam? Can it view the cameras built into the truck or is it for 3rd party dashcams?
Dashcams that have wifi can stream data so you can view on your PC or phones. These are not the cameras built in Rams, these are 3rd party cameras usually mounted to windshields to view/record traffic incidents and/or passengers.

Swordfish

Reaction score
Has anyone bought this device lately? I searched the TELUS website and I can find the device but when you select buy, it takes you to page and the only option is to logoff??

Users who are viewing this thread