5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tail lights seem cracked

marcd118

Reaction score
I washed my vehicle yesterday and noticed some lines that doesn't appear to be normal. My truck is going in for a bunch of things in a week. Do you think I should bring this up.
eh4ZkraaTvusvexXWVMU1w.jpg gD5kC3KtQ+KLWCgk0GyWGw.jpg QSwldUKvSMirW1nJVspaNA.jpg F207BWobQDu7A87fH6WrCQ.jpg zubkDPynQL+2cy4%ng73Yg.jpg fUDrUAZfQ06k3BluwGnegw.jpg

marcd118

Reaction score
The front bumper is way off, the passenger side mirror when folding in makes horrible grinding noises, my chrome molding came undone, the USB ports don’t work half the time along with Apple car play and when setting a theme on the screen it doesn’t stay on the selected one.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The front bumper is way off, the passenger side mirror when folding in makes horrible grinding noises, my chrome molding came undone, the USB ports don’t work half the time along with Apple car play and when setting a theme on the screen it doesn’t stay on the selected one.

Good luck, hope your dealer has a good shop and good service manager. Should be no problem.

marcd118

Reaction score
Update guys: Showed the dealer when it was in for service today and even the tech agreed with me on the cracks. However, I just got a call saying they looked at 9 other trucks on the lot and all had the same thing. They even ordered another pair for a customer with the same issues and they looked just liked this. Not sure if its BS or not, but it appears RAM quality control blows. So now Im not sure what to do at this point. I have a case open with FCA but I doubt they do anything since they were going to ensure things got resolved at my appointment today and my bumper gaps are not going to be fixed.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think YOU may want to look at the 9 other trucks. I checked mine yesterday because of your post and dont see anything. I find it extremely odd that every truck on your dealers lot has this and no other reports of it on the forum. Your pictures are proof of your taillight not to OEM standards....your dealer seems a little out of line here. Even more so with the post about what they told you in regards to the bumper being off. Best of luck man, if definitely try to find another dealer.

marcd118

Reaction score
I think YOU may want to look at the 9 other trucks. I checked mine yesterday because of your post and dont see anything. I find it extremely odd that every truck on your dealers lot has this and no other reports of it on the forum. Your pictures are proof of your taillight not to OEM standards....your dealer seems a little out of line here. Even more so with the post about what they told you in regards to the bumper being off. Best of luck man, if definitely try to find another dealer.

I agree with you, when i pick up the truck tomorrow I will look at the other trucks on the lot.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at mine because of your post as well, and didn't see any imperfections either.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update guys: Showed the dealer when it was in for service today and even the tech agreed with me on the cracks. However, I just got a call saying they looked at 9 other trucks on the lot and all had the same thing. They even ordered another pair for a customer with the same issues and they looked just liked this. Not sure if its BS or not, but it appears RAM quality control blows. So now Im not sure what to do at this point. I have a case open with FCA but I doubt they do anything since they were going to ensure things got resolved at my appointment today and my bumper gaps are not going to be fixed.
I could be wrong, but this sounds suspiciously like a dealer runaround. Have you tried taking the truck to another dealer to see if they'll adjust the bumper, etc.?

marcd118

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but this sounds suspiciously like a dealer runaround. Have you tried taking the truck to another dealer to see if they'll adjust the bumper, etc.?

I will once they put on the parts that will be here next week. I wanted to give these guys a chance since I bought it from them.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't seen any cracked - but you can see the molding line. That's perfectly normal, but yours appear to be defective!

Hell - tell them to swap it with another truck on the lot!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I complained of shaking, loose fog lamps, dealer said every Rebel on the lot had the same issue. I kid you not, I looked out the window, looked back at the service rep and said "What Rebels?"

There wasn't one on the whole stinkin lot. New fog lamps thank you.

It's a shame, but they all do it for whatever shady, lazy reasons.

marcd118

Reaction score
I complained of shaking, loose fog lamps, dealer said every Rebel on the lot had the same issue. I kid you not, I looked out the window, looked back at the service rep and said "What Rebels?"

There wasn't one on the whole stinkin lot. New fog lamps thank you.

It's a shame, but they all do it for whatever shady, lazy reasons.

I agree with you on this one. Im traveling for work and went down the street to the local Ram dealer and I noticed all the tailights appeared normal, but there were a few that looked like mine.

marcd118

Reaction score
The dealer and FCA talked and they ordered me new tailights today. I went to the dealer said its unacceptable and needed to replace them. On a side note, when they changed my chrome molding strip yesterday they left my passenger rear window down last night and it rained resulting in back back seat got wet. It dried, but Im thinking they need to replace it. Im actually shocked they told me. This dealer is done with me.

Users who are viewing this thread