5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suspention and 35 inch tires advice

villibg

Reaction score
Hello all

I've been reading all over the place including this and other blogs and i cant seem to find an answer for what i want.

I have 2020 Rebel without air suspention all stock and i want to fit 35s on it. I do know that I will have to lift it 3 to 4 inches but the lift kits is where im stuck at. I need an advice on a lift kit and/or suspention update that will not compromise the off-road and the towing capabilities of the the truck an will fit 35 x 12.5 x 17 tire and 17x9 or 17x10 rim with 12mm negtive offset. Do i need to update the UCA, uniball vs balljoint,etc.?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

Villi

NGEN

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I have seen some on the forum get away with a 2” leveling kit in the front, upgrading the UCAs and then do some trimming….

Then there are others that have a Zone 6 inch lift with 35s…

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just an FYI, 17’s won’t fit on your truck. Even some 18’s won’t fit.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You won’t be able to fit 17” wheels; 18 inch is the minimum size for 5th Gen 1500s because of the size of the brake rotors.

villibg

Reaction score
Thank you all. That is what is was afraid off. Really like that small rim large tire look. I guess will have to go with 18 or 20.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you all. That is what is was afraid off. Really like that small rim large tire look. I guess will have to go with 18 or 20.
18 is doable, though it may depend on the brand. I’ve got Fuel Blitz 18x9 +1 and they fit, but the installer needs to be careful about where they put the balancing weights.

Users who are viewing this thread