5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suspension Set up Advice

Fourtytee

Reaction score
Just picked up my 19 Canadian sport a month ago and i have envisioned in my head what I want to do but I’m looking for peoples opinions on the matter.

I have stock 22s but I’m looking to go down to a 20x12 with 35x1250s and I’m stuck on waiting for a 4 inch or go with a 6 inch lift. Anyone have advice on what’s best? Pictures would help me figure out if I’m off base.

Attachments

• 4D361DCE-CED4-47AB-9DDA-54C4076F0EC9.jpeg
    4D361DCE-CED4-47AB-9DDA-54C4076F0EC9.jpeg
    289.8 KB · Views: 31

RamSco

Reaction score
Just picked up my 19 Canadian sport a month ago and i have envisioned in my head what I want to do but I’m looking for peoples opinions on the matter.

I have stock 22s but I’m looking to go down to a 20x12 with 35x1250s and I’m stuck on waiting for a 4 inch or go with a 6 inch lift. Anyone have advice on what’s best? Pictures would help me figure out if I’m off base.
I could be wrong but I think once you have factory 22's, you cannot simply go to 20's. They put larger wheel bearings on the 22" equipped trucks. Some of the lift companies are not compatible with factory 22's. Also, no-one to date that I'm aware of makes a 4" lift. There is level kit, 3.5" and 6" for the non-air suspension and 5" for the air suspension.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think once you have factory 22's, you cannot simply go to 20's. They put larger wheel bearings on the 22" equipped trucks. Some of the lift companies are not compatible with factory 22's. Also, no-one to date that I'm aware of makes a 4" lift. There is level kit, 3.5" and 6" for the non-air suspension and 5" for the air suspension.
You can go down to 20s no problem. The larger hub assembly has no bearing on what size whee/tire you have to run. You can swap wheels out freely. As far as the lift, you are correct. Most lifts will not fit as the spindles are different for the 22xl hubs. The only company that has one right now is Rough Country with their 6” kit. Other than that you are limited either to the Mopar 2” kit or the Readylift/RC 3.5” kits.

Lee86

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram laramie with factory 22s i contacted Rough Country about purchasing a 6 inch lift and they told me the ram trucks with 4wd auto loose all 4wd capabilities when lifted. Has anyone else encountered this

Users who are viewing this thread