5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surround camera use as dash cam?

mike146

Reaction score
Has anyone figured a way to use the front and rear view cameras already installed on some trucks in similar way to a dedicated dash cam?

Instead of installing more camera's, wouldn't it make more sense to utilize what is already there?

I believe I saw a YouTube video where someone was using the front camera while off roading to be sure to see everything in front of truck, etc. There should be an easy software upgrade to simply make this function available as a dash cam and record to a thumb drive.

I have been reading threads about dash cams and such and thought I would ask about this.

So much research and questions, and I don't even have the truck yet... LOL.

Rich6896

Reaction score
I've wondered why this is not an option yet. Seems like a jump they can make.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I understand it’s a legal issue but the new Corvettes (?) get around it by having a SD slot so you have to buy your own memory card.

Then when you pop in the memory card you are the one responsible for activating it and all said recordings.

Users who are viewing this thread