5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surround camera: Change delay and raise min speed

Aquitaine

Reaction score
Two quibbles with the surround camera, particularly when compared to our 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport whose surround camera is not as nice.

1) There is an option to keep the surround camera on when you drive forward for something like 8 seconds or until you hit a minimum speed. I don't want a time delay; I want it to remain on until I turn it off or until we've exceeded the maximum speed.
2) The minimum speed is very, very low - can't turn on the surround camera at all until somewhere around 8 mph. I think on our Hyundai it's double that. It's a nuisance.

Both of these are likely settings that can't be changed right from the touchscreen but I wonder if anybody has got at the underlying software with the ODB to get at these settings?

Last edited:

DWWillms

Reaction score
I second this. I use my surround when pulling into my garage to ensure my cat and dog don't run out or under the vehicle. However, it shuts off too soon. I almost always end up pushing the button twice.

Users who are viewing this thread