5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunroof doesn't open all of the way...

IA_Dawg

Reaction score
When I open the roof, it still has about two inches left to open. I hit the button again and opens the rest of the way. Is this normal?

Thanks

sgk

Reaction score
Yes, that's normal. They all do that, why? I don't know, maybe so they have stuff to improve the following year.

D

Deleted member 85

When I open the roof, it still has about two inches left to open. I hit the button again and opens the rest of the way. Is this normal?

Thanks
All FCA Pano roofs do this. IDK why either.

IA_Dawg

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the responses. FYI - my 2003 Grand Cherokee's roof didn't do this and all of my yukon's sunroofs didn't function like that.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When you say open, do you mean slide back or just "vent". I'm suprised just how little mine opens for venting. My Durango open much more.

As you can see, it only tilts enough to basically get my thumb in there.

1534794358843.png

Whynot

Reaction score
When you say open, do you mean slide back or just "vent". I'm suprised just how little mine opens for venting. My Durango open much more.

As you can see, it only tilts enough to basically get my thumb in there.
That is also fairly common with panoramic sunroofs. The tilt/vent function just lifts the rear of the pano sunroof to the height it goes to clear the roof, which as you notice is not very high to minimize the aerodynamic impact of a open sunroof.

Last edited:

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just checked mine on the way home. Just as everyone had said, a second push of the button gets it to fully open. I came from a pano grand Cherokee for 4 years and I’m baffled I never noticed this

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just checked mine on the way home. Just as everyone had said, a second push of the button gets it to fully open. I came from a pano grand Cherokee for 4 years and I’m baffled I never noticed this
I had a good chuckle over it... if it wasn't the forum I never would have thought to press the back button twice! I wonder if my 16' would have done the same?

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Used my sunroof for the first time yesterday and was disappointed at how it didn't open anywhere near all the way... will have to give this a try. Thanks for the tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/