5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We do have a thread that asks people to fill out their signature, (Thanks @mikemcfarland )

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/a-helpfull-hint.764/

and I started a poll to see where people are from.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/where-we-are-located.1313/

Some people seem to not want to disclose the info of where they are from...so not sure if you could make it a requirement, @Jared B any thoughts.

We have been trying to get people to do this though.

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe they will see the post and do just that

Last edited:

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Maybe incorporating it as a subtext to the username automatically:
Blazn USA
Blazn TX
Blazn USA, TX

I personally don't have an issue with that but I wouldn't necessarily go any further than that...

I've seen other forumns with regional sections/groups. As this site gets bigger that might be a route to take.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a couple of things I wish were required when registering or when making a first post.

One - location. A lot posts refer to "here". Where is here when the member doesn't Indicate where they live.

Two - signature. Just plain helpful.

I actually thought that I had it set so location had to be put in when registering, I will look into it.

There is no way that I could prevent someone from posting without a signature but mikemcfarland did write a post about it as described above.

I appreciate the thoughts for sure.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Just a couple of things I wish were required when registering or when making a first post.

One - location. A lot posts refer to "here". Where is here when the member doesn't Indicate where they live.

Two - signature. Just plain helpful.

just bumped the thread. location in SIGNITURE please . lol:) - a few people will not know to click the down arrow under name.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe incorporating it as a subtext to the username automatically:
Blazn USA
Blazn TX
Blazn USA, TX

I personally don't have an issue with that but I wouldn't necessarily go any further than that...

I've seen other forumns with regional sections/groups. As this site gets bigger that might be a route to take.
It's already there, but you have to click the little arrow beneath the user's name to expand their details and see it. I like the 'subtext' idea as well.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's already there, but you have to click the little arrow beneath the user's name to expand their details and see it. I like the 'subtext' idea as well.

The subtext would be really cool, I'm just not sure whether it is something this software can do or not.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't know...in mobile mode chrome doesn't show that. I had to switch over to desktop to see it.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Yeah I didn't know...in mobile mode chrome doesn't show that. I had to switch over to desktop to see it.

what can we do to improve the signature. look at mine and reply - once again , most people will NOT know to click the lower arrow. this can't be this difficult.:eek:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I was wondering what he meant by arrow. On mobile the signatures just show up. @Jared B had addressed this earlier when we started the signature talks. I do not have desktop, so I can not check into this.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
sorry guys . the arrow is under the account details? original account info under everyones (but mine) avatar.looks like it does NOT show up an a cell - only desktop. (y)

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
sorry guys . the arrow is under the account details? original account info under everyones (but mine) avatar.looks like it does NOT show up an a cell - only desktop. (y)
On mobile you just have to hold your finger over the screen name.

I was using the signature today to make my post in the tire and loading thread. Very helpful.

But also on the member info spot, you can put the info for your truck there also.

Glad people did get on board with this. Hope more do, and others keep them updated.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread