5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions on Trailer Tow Mirrors

jimbuck

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Classic and was going to put the MOPAR tow mirrors on. But, I did not realize, I have the power fold mirrors. The replacemnts says they will will not work with that option. So, I need to find something to use. What does everyone use? Anyone know what I would lose other than the power fold it I put the MOPAR mirros on? Thanks,

brdima

Reaction score
do you have the puddle light? or blind spot monitoring? those are in the mirrors too.
i have tow mirrors with puddle and blind spot

I thought there was another thread that mentioned the 2500 mirrors might be power fold and work on 1500s. don't quote me on that

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
Also new on the 2021's are the power folding trailer tow mirrors in black & chrome. if you wait a few months they should be available from the parts department. You could talk to the counter man maybe he could look up to see if the wiring harness is the same then it would be plug and play.

jimbuck

Reaction score
I don't have blind spot. So with the power fold, heated with turn signals the tow mirrors the dealer says will not work. I can give up the fold.

Mtsabo

Reaction score

simple, effective, and price the is right. I use my power fold way more then I would use the mopar towing mirrors for towing. Youd have to find the ones for the classic though.

blakei

Reaction score
Mtsabo, do you use anything to protect the mirror? I have body colored mirrors and don’t want to scuff them from vibrations / wind. Tnx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mtsabo

Reaction score
I was concerned about that as well. I have only used them for about 80 miles so far so I cant say for sure. I do however keep everything clean so no dirt is abrasive in there. They fit very snug so that should mitigate abrasion caused by movement.

zlman

Reaction score

simple, effective, and price the is right. I use my power fold way more then I would use the mopar towing mirrors for towing. Youd have to find the ones for the classic though.
I used the CIPA brand of these for 18 yrs on my previous rig, they worked perfect, zero shift in wind at hwy speeds.

Big Dave TX

Reaction score

I have those. Are they perfect, no. Do they shake some, yes. I can see what's behind me if it's not a motorcycle right on my bumper. The other mirrors cover mostly everything and these work pretty well.

Mtsabo

Reaction score
I have those. Are they perfect, no. Do they shake some, yes. I can see what's behind me if it's not a motorcycle right on my bumper. The other mirrors cover mostly everything and these work pretty well.

If you havent already tried, adjusting the tension screw behind the mirror should take any shake out of them.

jimbuck

Reaction score
I tried those and they did not fit. Not sure what to try now. Wish I could put the MOPAR mirrors on, but with the stupid fold option they do not work.

Ram92131

Reaction score
Check out the review I did on the Longview mirrors. I'm still happy with them.

Users who are viewing this thread