5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Streaming HD or Ultra HD music

Czcon12

Reaction score
I have the 12 inch uconnect and HK system. I stream through a Samsung Galaxy S9 using mostly Amazon music and Spotify. Everything works fine for regular music but I was wondering if anyone uses a HD music service, like Amazon HD or something similar. And do you have to use a data cable or does it stream through bluetooth like normal. Just curious because I wanted to give it a try for 30 days. Thanks

RJS

Reaction score
Bluetooth supposedly doesn't have the band width to stream HD so I'd guess the best way to find out would be to try it both ways with a free trial from Amazon HD music. Personally I have copied a large number of my CD"s onto a USB 3.0 drive using Windows Media and FLAC for listening on the HK 19 setup in my 19 Laramie. Sounds durn good to my old ears.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea you arent going to get hifi sound over a bluetooth connection. USB connection would be the only way to get the actual clarity of a FLAC or similar HQ music.

Herbsram

Reaction score
I utilize Tidal for high end music files with a usb connection. Tidal also has 360 degree files as well as master quality recordings. It is the best music service I have found so far for high end music clarity.

Czcon12

Reaction score
I have been using Amazon HD and it works and sounds pretty good. I've tried bluetooth and data cable and there is no difference in sound quality. I'm using a Samsung S9 for the streaming through bluetooth, and my phone is the thing limiting the quality at 24 bit 48kHz. I've seen 96kHz up to 192kHz. From what I've read you can't hear the difference anyhow.

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To confirm... you can play Amazon HD on your S9 phone and listen via Bluetooth on your RAM HK headunit... with no cable connected?

Have you compared the sound quality to CD recorded on a USB thumb drive in a lossless format (wave, flac, etc)?

Users who are viewing this thread