5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange odometer behavior, resetting the decimal to 0 every start up...?

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am very confused as to why my truck is doing this. I noticed that, recently, when my truck is turned off at 13338.9 for example, it will be at 13338.0 the next start up. I’ve noticed it on every recent start up and it’s just odd. It always rounds down to 0, never up.

Is anyone else noticing this? What could be the cause? It’s a lease as of right now, so any extra reversed mileage is cool... but I worry about when I buy it in two years.:D

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
So if you shut it off every 0.9 miles, open the door, close it, start and keep driving again.... you're not gonna gain mileage???
That's awesome... sign me up..

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
So if you shut it off every 0.9 miles, open the door, close it, start and keep driving again.... you're not gonna gain mileage???
That's awesome... sign me up..

Yep, exactly that. :D

I won’t pay much attention to it, but it’s just frustrating that something so simple is just so wrong. XD

Rhombus

Reaction score
There was an "official" explanation to the behavior, I just honestly don't remember what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online