5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stopping android auto from auto starting?

Dsuchorski

Reaction score
I would like to be able to plug my phone into usb 1 or 2 without being asked to start android auto. Any tips would be appreciated.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Me too! If I plug it in and ignore the app my phone cycles as if the power from the USB is being switched on and off every couple seconds. Android auto is annoying and doesn't do anything I find worthwhile.

GunnyZXR

Reaction score
Might want to run an update on your phone. I plug my phone in, and ignore what ever pops up on my phone, and it works fine. Even defaults to the Waze map which I prefer over google maps. When I first got the truck, Android auto was not working as advertised, ran a update on my phone and it's flawless now. I use a Galaxy S7.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Might want to run an update on your phone. I plug my phone in, and ignore what ever pops up on my phone, and it works fine. Even defaults to the Waze map which I prefer over google maps. When I first got the truck, Android auto was not working as advertised, ran a update on my phone and it's flawless now. I use a Galaxy S7.
Note 10+ updated to the latest here.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Note 10+ here and the trick for me is to use the USB port inside armrest when i just want to charge the phone or use wireless charge.

Gemlin

Reaction score
You can turn it off in the settings on your radio.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me too! If I plug it in and ignore the app my phone cycles as if the power from the USB is being switched on and off every couple seconds. Android auto is annoying and doesn't do anything I find worthwhile.
I highly recommend disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 minutes, reconnect it and let the truck sit for 30 minutes to allow all systems to initialize on their own...do not start, do not play with the electronics, just let it sit for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes have elapsed, start the truck, check that all systems are up and running, and see if it resolves your USB issue. Mine was doing this with an iPhone when I first purchased my truck.

cdnN0s4A2

Reaction score
My 2022 has the uc5 wireless AA...can I stop AA from auto deploying on the screen?

disarm

Reaction score
My 2022 has the uc5 wireless AA...can I stop AA from auto deploying on the screen?
**Edited because I found the answer...**

Setting is on the main Android Auto Settings screen on your phone.
3a5d78c8e0bb50a8afb0990ae03d33b9.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread