5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock ORP 20's uneven wear

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm at 6800 miles with the stock 20" Falken AT's on a Limited 4x4 with Off Road Package and the fronts are starting to feel "feathered" on the outside edges. I haven't rotated them but I've never noticed uneven wear this soon on prior vehicles. Is this normal or is my factory alignment off? The truck is driven in Aero ride height (lowest air ride setting) 95% of the time. Not sure if that matters or not.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Running OEM tire pressures?

I assume you mean Falken.
Yes. Falken. I corrected my post. I'm running them at 42 PSI front 4O PSI Rear. Looks like I'm on track to get maybe 25k-30k miles out of them at the rate they are wearing.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i rotate tires @ 5000 mile intervals, 1100 miles from now.

OP, take it to the dealer and have the alignment checked. if anything i'd guess that in Areo mode the insides would wear more that the outside.

have the dealer cycle the air suspension on the alignment rack to see what if any changes occur and post any significant findings.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i rotate tires @ 5000 mile intervals, 1100 miles from now.

OP, take it to the dealer and have the alignment checked. if anything i'd guess that in Areo mode the insides would wear more that the outside.

have the dealer cycle the air suspension on the alignment rack to see what if any changes occur and post any significant findings.
I'll try try to get by the dealer next week. The feathering is more evenly distributed across the entire tread than I thought. That leads me to believe it's either too much toe or just signs of a needed rotation. Improper toe affects mpg as well since the tires are constantly scrubbing. I'm going to do an old school check with a tape measure tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread