5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock brake controllers out of stock.. options??

Frozenwater

Reaction score
I'm told August or later.. thats unacceptable.

Advertise a truck with 11k towing. But no controller.

I'm not a fan of ugly *** shin busting controllers. But I may need to settle.

Or are there better options?

Thanks in advance.

Frozenwater

Reaction score

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed it myself and then went to dodge to have them program it. Super easy install And legit Mopar equipment. There is actually a thread on here about it.

Frozenwater

Reaction score
I installed it myself and then went to dodge to have them program it. Super easy install And legit Mopar equipment. There is actually a thread on here about it.
Thanks ill see if I can look up the install.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a. Curt Spectrum, used twice before I got the RAM, for sale. Actually works better than the OEM (more adjustable, no 15mph cutout) and very neat installation. With factory wiring harness adapters for RAM, Chevy, Ford. That could work...

maddog49

Reaction score
IF you go on ebay you can buy the latest oem kit from dealers that are hoarding them and then have your local dealer install. Just did that a few weeks ago after hearing the same thing and dealer installed in a hour. Works well and is integrated.

*edit*
the latest part number is here. This was the listing title. 2019 2020 2021 Ram 1500 DT Body OEM Trailer Brake Module 82215278AE (for 2019 new model trucks)

Last edited:

baumann6

Reaction score
I have the Curt Spectrum it works fine for me and I like all that you need to see is the little dial the rest can be tucked under the dash.

1D32319

Reaction score
Interesting as my March build date truck that I bought middle of April has the OEM controller-I need to figure out the sweet spot for the 60PI-12 I picked up yesterday from a Big Tex dealer.

but anyways, I just came out of a Tacoma and people are all about flashy clean installs there. Lots of raves about the RedArc TowPro either Liberty or Elite. https://redarcelectronics.com/collections/electric-trailer-brake-controllers

The install looks similar to the above mentioned Curt Spectrum.

Nels

Reaction score
I use a curt bluetooth controller. No installation whatsoever. Operated by a phone app so not quite as user friendly as OEM or other dash mounted.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought mine from Infotainment.com back when these were literally no where to be found ( even on eBay), came with a programmer to activate it, I’ve had it in for over 6 months now with no issues. I did the install myself, it wasn’t to bad just take your time.

Users who are viewing this thread