5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering Grind turning to the right FIXED

Micah

Reaction score
Wow that is great to hear. I just changed my rear did fluid with the additive and I am still grinding away. Do you have a copy of the TSB? I googled it but it did not come up.
Thanks

gwatt86

Reaction score
I got new tires (Michelin Defenders) on Saturday and I haven't had it since the new tires. I'm sure it will come back after reading pages and pages of comments. Curious what this TSB, can't seem to find it when I google either.

wvinson

Reaction score
I tried to copy the attachment that I downloaded from another forum member but I failed. so here is the link.
The attachment is from buckeyecool71 close the bottom of the posts.

gwatt86

Reaction score
It says it applies to vehicles built on or BEFORE 11/23/2020. That's a lot of 5th Gens potentially impacted.

BCDC

Reaction score
Man, was really hoping this would fix mine. It seems to be getting worse by the week. Finally landed an appointment at the dealer next Tuesday.

So mine also does it going to the left, but not as bad. I've also noticed that it seems to be worse when accelerating, and mostly noticeable from the stopped position of course. Not turning too extreme at high-speeds, so hard to tell if it happens then! ;-)

Does the acceleration part, as well as less grinding/binding when turning to the left seem to be fitting what a lot of you guys have had?

Any thoughts on if there is long-term damage from this? Been trying to baby it and stick to taking as many left turns only.

Thanks.

BCDC

Reaction score
Not to revive an old thread, but for anyone looking in the future for what he remedy was, it was just the dealer adding the lubricant others have mentioned.

Anyone know if this lubricant should be added to the front diff as well? I've spent most of the time driving in 2WD since August, but have engaged the 4WD more with the rain and all the wet leaves around these days.

Also, has anyone has a bit of a burning smell come from under the truck, about where the front door opens and you would exit the vehicle? It doesn't smell at all like a burning liquid(not oil, antifreeze, etc.), or burning debris(leaves). Also not exhaust related. Just hot metallish stink. When I approach the hill to where I live, it's got a bit of an elevation change, maybe 200-250 feet, and it isn't too crazy or intense, just there. Seems like it should be taken in stride. I haven't noticed it the whole time I've had the truck, and believe me, after towing back through the mountains on a 110+F day back towards the end of August, any 'new truck burning in smells' should be long gone. Thoughts?

gwatt86

Reaction score
Took mine to the dealer this morning to have this done. Ever since I changed tires it hasn't happened but I know it will come back so I asked them to do it. They are also fixing my mirror that pops when it unfolds and my loose passenger seat.

gwatt86

Reaction score
So unfortunately, they wouldn't perform the TSB since they can't reproduce the noise at the moment. This is because I got new tires about a month ago. They said if it starts doing it again bring it back in and they can push the update. I was hoping they would do it but they didn't seem familiar with this issue, which I have a hard time believing. Oh well, now its documented. Maybe I'll get lucky and the noise won't come back...

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Reaction score
Hate to necro a post but I want to say, I was having the noise turning LEFT far more than right, and my local dodge did the update with no questions asked. I see nothing on here about left turns doing it but mine was and isn’t any longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread