5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport Package

ripvanhalen

Reaction score
Hi All,
- Sold a 2003 Dakota in 2018 that was rusted away, not so easy to live w/o a truck since then...

- Getting ready to order a new 1500 and have learned a lot from the forum the last few weeks...

- Really like the Laramie and have a couple questions for those that have one:

- The Laramie Sport Package comes with 20" wheels. Any comments on the 20's, ride/towing/other?
The 20's look awesome, would prefer to stick with 18's (for better load capacity, better ride?)

- The center console with bucket seats in pictures on Ram site looks very wide.
Did a short test drive of a 1500 with bucket seats a couple weeks ago and it seemed OK, but
lately noticing how wide the console looks in pictures.
Anybody with buckets/console have comments about comfort/console too wide, etc on long trips?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the buckets with the Center console and I find it extremely comfortable .

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Laramie Sport with the 20's. They ride fine but will depend on what aftermarket tires you put on them. You aren't going to get anything more from a 18" from a 20". Stick with the 20"

As for the bucket seats and console. No issues here. I had to pick up the truck just over an hour away and seats were firm but have loosened up in time. You have ridden in the truck with the console so dont' let pictures fool you. If you have doubts then go back and test drive a truck again. I'm 2 weeks into my new truck and try to find any reason to go for a ride.

Users who are viewing this thread