5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Spike", 2019 1500 3.6L Pentastar miles per gallon, 1st 6,500 miles.

Lowly Jimson

Reaction score
I get a consistent 21-22 mpg on the highway and 20ish otherwise. I've only seen the rated 24 mpg hiway with a tail wind or downhill. Any slight upgrade or head wind knocks the tranny back to 7th or 6th and eats gas. Not impressive, and not as advertised. My calculations are by miles driven/gallons used and aren't far off the instrument display readings.

BigCountry_

Reaction score
Still saving on gas compared to the V8, even if it’s not as much as you planned. What’s your cab config and axle ratio?

jb772

Reaction score
I get a consistent 21-22 mpg on the highway and 20ish otherwise. I've only seen the rated 24 mpg hiway with a tail wind or downhill. Any slight upgrade or head wind knocks the tranny back to 7th or 6th and eats gas. Not impressive, and not as advertised. My calculations are by miles driven/gallons used and aren't far off the instrument display readings.

I have a loaded 19' Limited 4x4 with the 3.6 w/ 3.21 rear end and I'm pretty disappointed with the fuel mileage as well - On the highway at anything higher than 72 for me it starts to kick back into 6th/7th and gets extremely terrible gas mileage. The only time I get good gas mileage is in the city going around 40-55.

Users who are viewing this thread