5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speed limit in gauge cluster?

Fishwiz

Reaction score
I have a 2020 1500 with the 8.4c NAV and the 7" cluster. I would love to program of my four corners to show the speed limit of the road I'm on rather than having to open the map screen on my main screen. I have not found a way to do that, but it seems like it should be possible.

Is there a way? Anyone else think this would be beneficial?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Bobp

Reaction score
Don’t know how to do that but I did learn today that if you push the button between the phone answer button and end call button on the steering wheel and simply say “View Map”, your screen will go to map view and you can see the MPH! Now has anyone experienced that the GPS thinks speed limits are way off from the MPH posted on physical signs. My 2020 Laramie is wrong more often than my wife’s 2015 Cherokee!!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t know how to do that but I did learn today that if you push the button between the phone answer button and end call button on the steering wheel and simply say “View Map”, your screen will go to map view and you can see the MPH! Now has anyone experienced that the GPS thinks speed limits are way off from the MPH posted on physical signs. My 2020 Laramie is wrong more often than my wife’s 2015 Cherokee!!
It’s hit-or-miss for me, as we have some serious road construction around here (and a lot has changed since these maps were produced).

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only way you will get accurate MPH on maps is using Waze/Google Maps or any other map application that is constantly updated. The OEM nav software is outdated from the time they load it and they rarely ever update it in a timely fashion.....and it costs too much.

Users who are viewing this thread